Hey guys this is my first post here. I recently got a Storm 9530 from verizon OS 5.0.0.328. I am using it on AT&T and followed the directions in the stick to install the ATT service books. As of now I can only get edge no EDGE. I was reading you can replace the radio file with an older version? any help would be appreciated. The only other issue is i dont have a blackberry data plan only a generic unlimited one from ATT. I got 100% EDGE on my 8310 with this and would like to on the storm
    11-09-09 09:15 PM
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong, US GSM carriers like AT&T run on a different frequency than the GSM carriers abroad. This fact and the fact that the phone is only designed to work abroad will mean that you will only get edge and not EDGE here in the US.

A quick search will either confirm what I just said or give you the proper information. Good luck in your endeavors.
    11-10-09 06:01 AM
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong, US GSM carriers like AT&T run on a different frequency than the GSM carriers abroad. This fact and the fact that the phone is only designed to work abroad will mean that you will only get edge and not EDGE here in the US.

A quick search will either confirm what I just said or give you the proper information. Good luck in your endeavors.
    EDGE will pick up on a storm, i cannot get steady EDGE though.. apparently the new radio in OS 5.0 is weaker than prior versions.. but EDGE is definitly possible
    11-10-09 08:14 AM
    I have constant steady EDGE on my storm with OS 5.0. I deleted the TCP/IP settings and left them blank and restarted my phone and I only lose EDGE when I try to open Pandora. I have used my storm in ID, WA, FL, CA and OR. I don't lose EDGE unless I have absolutely NO signal. Look for my posts. just search my profile and look at some of the earlier topics. They should have the information you are looking for.
    11-10-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD