I got the blackberry storm last week and I like some things about it but hate alot of things about it as well. Reading through other forums I have noticed alot of complaints about the new phone. That is understandable with it being Blackberry's first touch screen.

My biggest complaint is trying to answer my ebay customers using the ebay messaging system. It is so frustrating to answer a question on the ebay message system. When i try to put my cursor in the message box it goes to the end of the sentence that says "Enter your response here" normally that text dissapears when you click inside the box but with my new storm the cursor goes to the end and I have to manually delete each letter. Is it possible to highlight the text to delete it all at once like on my xv6700?

I know how to highlight text in other areas but not in the ebay message system. Maybe I need to hold down the alt button and slide my finger or something. I dont know though. If you make a mistake in the message box it is near impossible to put the cursor on the mistake to fix it without going through 5 different steps and menues to get there. Along with that just the basic ebay navigating with the storm is a real pain.

I think I might return my Storm for a curve. Does anybody know if the upcoming updates will fix any of these issues? Specially when I am typing in the ebay message box in the full keyboard mode, at first the phone keeps up with my typing but after a word or so the blue highlighted letter that is supposed to light with each button you hit. It just stays lit on one letter and I have to stop typing and wait for it to ketch up. All in all i was very dissapointed in the new Storm. I have been waiting for this phone to be released for the past 6 months. Has anybody had any of these issues?
    12-02-08 03:26 PM
    did you try updating, or using the mobile ebay site.......i dont really know what to tell you but the phone has only been out for a week now so all the bugs haven't been worked out. it will only get better with time, but then again you only have 30 days to make your choice
    12-02-08 03:33 PM
    I havent downloaded the update yet I will do that when I get home tonight. I tried using the ebay mobile site but it wouldnt really let me do anything. I was in a hurry though so I will have to try it later.
    12-02-08 03:58 PM
    not sure what your doing wrong but i use this for all my ebay stuff and it is very easy to use just use ebay mobile i have it saved in my bookmarks and hopefully they make an app evertually
    12-02-08 04:44 PM
    I guess I need to give ebay mobile a try.
    12-02-08 06:00 PM
    I guess I need to give ebay mobile a try then.
    12-02-08 06:02 PM
    There are a lot of things you cannot do using the mobile ebay site. The blackberry browser cannot load the full ebay site for most functions. Sending messages, seller invoices and other things are not offered on ebay mobile. The bb browser also cannot complete these transactions

the full ebay site is one of the sites i access using Opera Mini.

i also use Opera Mini for the full paypal site to pay my seller fees, add funds and withdraw funds. The mobile paypal site does not have those features and, again, the blackberry browser cannot handle the full paypal site functions.

i don't have a storm so i can't comment on your text input issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-02-08 at 06:54 PM.
    12-02-08 06:07 PM
    I tried using ebay mobile like others had suggested but like you said you cant use the ebay messager on ebay mobile. I guess I will try to find out more about this Opera Mini you mentioned. Can you provide me with a little info about it.
    Thank you.

There are a lot of things you cannot do using the mobile ebay site. The blackberry browser cannot load the full ebay site for most functions. Sending messages, seller invoices and other things are not offered on ebay mobile. The bb browser also cannot complete these transactions

the full ebay site is one of the sites i access using Opera Mini.

i also use Opera Mini for the full paypal site to pay my seller fees, add funds and withdraw funds. The mobile paypal site does not have those features and, again, the blackberry browser cannot handle the full paypal site functions.

i don't have a storm so i can't comment on your text input issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 11:27 AM
    I tried using ebay mobile like others had suggested but like you said you cant use the ebay messager on ebay mobile. I guess I will try to find out more about this Opera Mini you mentioned. Can you provide me with a little info about it.
    Thank you.
    Click on this link from your BlackBerry to download: http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...e&edition=hifi

Opera Mini is an alternative browser that is FREE. it renders websites differently than the blackberry browser and it seems to work better when the site is graphic intense, or there are clickable functions.

i use it on my 8330 for certain sites and it works great!

Download it and try it. If you don't like it or it's not what you need you can just delete it.
    12-03-08 11:33 AM
    Alright thank you very much. I am trying it right now. I hope it makes ebay easier for me to navigate on my new storm. I love the phone and have waited so long for it to be released but I will be returning it if I cant use it for my ebay business.
    12-03-08 11:40 AM
    Alright thank you very much. I am trying it right now. I hope it makes ebay easier for me to navigate on my new storm. I love the phone and have waited so long for it to be released but I will be returning it if I cant use it for my ebay business.
    i'm not sure how well OM works on the Storm. i have a Curve and it works great! i used OM to navigate full ebay site when i sold a few things.

you can always trade your storm in for the curve
    12-03-08 11:45 AM
    I loaded OM on my Storm and it seems to make navigating ebay alot easier.
    12-03-08 02:26 PM
    I loaded OM on my Storm and it seems to make navigating ebay alot easier.
    awesome! yes, i think it works a lot better too!
    12-03-08 02:38 PM
    another problem. I loaded Opera Mini on my storm and it works great but when I receive a question from an ebay customer in my yahoo mail I click on the link to responde to the message and it uses my regular internet browser to open the ebay message system. Does anybody know how I can make it use the Opera Mini browser to open the ebay page so I can respond to the message?
    Thank you
    12-03-08 02:39 PM
    another problem. I loaded Opera Mini on my storm and it works great but when I receive a question from an ebay customer in my yahoo mail I click on the link to responde to the message and it uses my regular internet browser to open the ebay message system. Does anybody know how I can make it use the Opera Mini browser to open the ebay page so I can respond to the message?
    Thank you
    you cannot make Opera Mini your default browser. you'll have to do the ebay messaging all on OM. sorry i have done that on OM and it works good (at least it works unlike with the bb browser).
    12-03-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD