I have the storm as of now and im on my third phone. I have been thinking about the tour and dont know for sure do I want to get rid of my storm. So I was reading the forums and seeing people talking bout trading in their storm and was just wondering is it that easy to walk into the local vzw store and get a tour?
    07-26-09 12:21 PM
    no, you have to have returned a certain number of devices within 90 days i think. They dont give them away without a good reason

what problems are you having?
    07-26-09 12:27 PM
    Call Tech Support. Going into the store will do nothing but irritate you. Tech support can see the problems you have had.
    I went thru 4 storms since the day I picked it up on launch day, Nov. 08. I called after the Tour came out and told them i was tired of having issues and asked to be switched to a more reliable Berry with the same capabilities. The Tour is the only comparable unit to the storm, minus touch screen. I got switched in 1 call. Tech support is there to help, VZ store is there to sell more phones. Hope this helps.
    07-26-09 04:35 PM
    I called tech support and the guy was nice enough to tell me how the process works without being blatant about it. He said

"in order to progress here you need to order a replacement, and then you have to return a total of three within a 90 day window. Once you have done that you can progress and we can help you out"

He had to get stern when i kept insisting that I didn't want another storm...he was like "no, you really need a replacement here"
    07-26-09 08:29 PM
    are you actually having issues or are you just trying to get a tour for little to no money?
    07-26-09 08:35 PM
    I am disappointed with how this phone is performing. I am on my second replacement and am still having issues with the phone being incredibly slow. A phone of this caliber should not be lethargic and slow on transitions and screen rotations. I am not trying to scam the system, just looking for a phone that is worth the money I paid for it.
    07-26-09 08:40 PM
    The Storm is very well worth the money I paid for it. Especially w/ the assistance w/ the CB forum. I'd suggest .151 if you possess the technical abilities or aren't on it already. Honestly, if you're really that disappointed w/ the Storm, you should've done your homework prior to shelling out the cash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 08:45 PM
    Your not going to be able to trade in for the tour unless its in your first 30 days because they will not give a new phone. It will be a refurbished tour

07-26-09 11:26 PM
    Your not going to be able to trade in for the tour unless its in your first 30 days because they will not give a new phone. It will be a refurbished tour

Verizon will upgrade his/her phone if they have three replacements in 90 days. Its called a mutli-fru. I have been offered the Tour on my finances line but we can't seem to say good bye to the storm.

07-27-09 04:14 AM
    Oh yea, it will be new as well and not refurbished. Verizon trying to keep their customers happy but some people I think took advantage of it just to get the latest and greatest.

Last edited by WhosToBlame; 07-27-09 at 04:20 AM.
    07-27-09 04:17 AM
    I have seen people complain about slowness like you are and I always have to wonder - what have you put on your phone since the day you got it? The BB is a mini-computer. The more stuff you add contributes to performance time.

I do it this way - if I don't need it, I don't add it and I also deleted/uninstalled a number of things I knew I would not use shortly after I got it and I'm not having any screen flip slowness or other problems such as you mentioned.

So maybe consider that before you make up your mind which way you want to go.
    07-27-09 05:35 AM
    You people have got to stop spewing this nonsense. The multi fru policy you all keep quoting is completely subjective. In the real world where you don't use a made up name and avatar this doesn't always work and it is certainly not a set in stone policy. Don't get your hopes up guy you are far more likely to be offered a curve or a new storm than a tour.

07-27-09 07:00 AM
    I think people are just finding reasons to trade in their storm for the tour. And these same people will probably try to do the same when the storm 2 comes out, and all of a sudden they are having troubles with their tour.
    07-27-09 10:26 AM
    just love it how ppl complain and complain and then want something for free when they hear something NEW is coming out. my storm and my bold are having issues and im not runnin to get new phones. find the forum that helps you work out the kinks on ur bb and always remember "an battery pull a day keeps the replacement away "...lol
    07-27-09 11:06 AM
    I've been having issues with my Storm (haven't had to replace it yet) and was thinking the Tour sounded pretty good. But I decided to try some things suggested here on this site, and am happy with my Storm yet again.
    07-27-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD