Anybody been strolling down the street listening to some tunes on your storm when an IM or Email comes through? All of a sudden your music stops for 3 seconds....but where is the notification sound? Oh...it came through the speakerphone...but I have earphones on. WTF? How about that time I was on the subway with no service listening to music. Came above ground. Music stops, email sound, music plays, music stops - sms, music plays, music stops, bbm, music plays...all in 10 seconds...

Anyway to get notification sounds over headphones when plugged in? Everything is fine in Vibrate Mode.

This would be great with calls too...listening to music...phone rings, get a notification in my headphones....hit answer, voice comes over headphones, I talk into storms mic...no need to take headphones off..music continues when we disconnect.

12-01-08 07:57 PM
    bump-a-lump

nobody? anyone have a fix? bug..or will always be like this?
    12-01-08 09:45 PM
    I think you need a "certain" kind of earphones.

I don't really rememeber. Lol. I did a search of it a while back. But I didn't pay much attention. I wanted a yes or no and didn't want to read lol

I know it's possible though. I was at the Dentist waiting to be called and I had my music playing and the notifications were coming in through my earphones (the ones that came in the box). It only did that once

I don't know if there's an option or a "bug" or I'm just dumb and don't see the option lol

Anyways, I don't think I was much help. I would do a search they have a few.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 07:11 AM
    Same happens to me with my Bose TriPort headphones plugged in.

Also, I noticed this happen twice while riding my bike into work today, but I was using the BlackBerry "earbuds+microphone" that came with my Storm, so it's definitely not an issue of using aftermarket headphones or the ones that came with the phone.

I thought I accidentally pushed the volume down button somehow while on my bike, but I listened carefully and could hear my TXT message alarm go off, about 2 seconds later the music resumed.

It would be preferable to have an option for when headphones are plugged in:
    Alerts play:
    a) Over the speaker only
    b) Over headphones only
    c) Both speaker and headphones

-P2
    12-02-08 04:28 PM
    Yep... this is similar to the "issue" I had where I was in a meeting and had my profile set to "Vibrate Only", yet when I started playing a game, the sound came through the speaker... very embarrassing. I was told that all BB's work this way... ridiculous if you ask me... This is on my top 10 list of things that bug me about the Storm
    12-02-08 04:59 PM
    bump from someone equally annoyed
    12-03-08 05:14 PM
    testing right now
    12-03-08 05:19 PM
    interesting. I experience the same thing too...hopefully they will address this in a future update
    12-03-08 05:22 PM
    When I set my profile to silent the music is not interrupted. I do not know if this works for games too.
    12-03-08 05:35 PM
    mine does that.. i was on a job site listening to music and got annoyed.. ( i get emails, BB messages and texts ALOT ) it was stupid to have it go silent then listen for your phone to beep a certain way so you could see what kind of message you were getting
    12-03-08 05:37 PM
    I have this problem where whenever it goes to the next song its muted until I tap the volume rocker...same thing happens when I receive a message...it pauses I hear the alert go off on the handset then its silent...then I tap the rocker either way and it goes back to the original volume setting I had it at
    12-03-08 07:40 PM
    Same here! I recently bought the Blackberry premium headphones w/ mic & music playback controls. I get a 2 second pause when I get an email or music stops playing when receiving a phone call. I looked around the setup/options/set alerts screens and NOTHING!!! I hope Verizon and RIM get another update for this issue.

Also, does anyone have these headphones? I get a lag response with a music pause in between whenever I use the music playback controls (ie. next/skip track, volume up/down).
    12-14-08 10:15 PM
    When I first began to use my storm as an MP3 player I received all my notifcations directly through the headphones, even the ringtone of an incoming call. Not sure what happenend (maybe an update) but now all the notifications go through the speaker. What the heck happened? Has anyone determined how to get the notifications through the headphones? I know it is possible since that is how mine worked for so long!
    04-27-09 01:01 PM
    Wow this is annoying. The Bold does not do this, it plays the notifications through the headphones all the time. It's better in my opinion than having the music stop.
    06-03-09 07:44 PM
    I hope that they fix this. It doesn't make sense to not have an alert for sms or email while where the statdard headset...
    06-03-09 08:30 PM
    ALL alerts off fixes it.
    06-03-09 08:31 PM
    ALL alerts off fixes it.

Agreed. I keep my phone on vibrate and, I never have this problem.
    06-03-09 08:47 PM
    Agreed. I keep my phone on vibrate and, I never have this problem.
    ALL alerts off fixes it.
    so if you turn all alerts off and then plug in my headphones i will get a notification for sms and emails thought ?
    06-03-09 09:10 PM
    can someone check this out please and let me know if there is a fix or a app that will address this problem
    06-06-09 09:51 PM
    bro this has been the biggest GRIP for me since i got my storm, ive searched COUNTLESS forums there is no solid FIX. Even if i turn off my notificates, sometimes my media player randomly does not go to the next song or stops or quiets down its UNBELIEVABLE how a smartphone cannot complete the simplest task. Anyway i just needed to get this off my chest sorry for the rant but even tho im running the new .148 there still ISNT a solution even though they said they fixed the problem. YA RIGHT.
    06-12-09 03:10 PM
    I need an update for this! I work with oil-based stain all day and cannot continuously tap the volume up button. Sticky fingers!

06-12-09 03:27 PM
    I need to bump this one again if anyone has a solution it would be great. I can't stand getting alerts through my speaker instead of the headphones. Vibrate isn't an option when I'm on the bus I'm always vibrating I can never feel when my phone does.

06-12-09 06:29 PM
    Have also been looking for a fix for this!

even when you are playing music and you get the silence you still have to take out the phone to check if it is a call. If I am walking or on a bus or train, you cannot hear the phone and the vibrate is too weak so it would be great if ringtones could come through the headphones. Is it that difficult to create a headphone option of

(a) speaker only
    (b) headphone only
    (c) both
    07-09-09 05:55 AM
    I have this problem where whenever it goes to the next song its muted until I tap the volume rocker...same thing happens when I receive a message...it pauses I hear the alert go off on the handset then its silent...then I tap the rocker either way and it goes back to the original volume setting I had it at
    Same issue here. This needs fixing immediately. Isn't the Storm supposed to offer this media rich experience for the user. What happened to that.
    07-09-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD