e mails were not coming in so I deleted then added the e-mail address, now I have no icon for said e-mail. Used e-mail set up and it said an icon will be added to home screen but there is nothing. Im getting really frustrated with this replacement..My first replacement didnt give me this much BS.
    09-22-09 01:56 PM
    e mails were not coming in so I deleted then added the e-mail address, now I have no icon for said e-mail. Used e-mail set up and it said an icon will be added to home screen but there is nothing. Im getting really frustrated with this replacement..My first replacement didnt give me this much BS.
    It's not the device. It's user error......

You need to resend the service books.
    09-22-09 02:02 PM
    I did that. Still dont have icon
    09-22-09 02:12 PM
    Not quite what you said in the original post.

Lost Email Icon(s): Email Settings > Login if you have a username/password > BBMenu () > Service Books > Send Service Books > wait a minute or two (if not couple seconds) > if problem still exist > battery pull
    09-22-09 02:21 PM
    did you try the "show all" and look around for it?

go to options>advanced options>service books and see if you have a cmime for that email address you "lost"
    09-22-09 02:27 PM
    Hookbill,

Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Patches,

Been there, done that!
    09-22-09 02:44 PM
    so you don't have the service book for that email address?

then it's a RIM issue...i know earlier i was getting like 10 emails at a time...with a delay of up to an hour...maybe they're having issues or doing maintenance...it's possible

if it doesn't show up in like 2 or 3 hours, then i'd say call your carrier
    09-22-09 02:46 PM
    There have been BIS issues today... how long have you been without the icon?

To verify: you have the service book listed (where patches said to look) and there is no hidden icon for the email anywhere (even in the folders)?
    09-22-09 02:47 PM
    stinger,
    Thank you for clearing up what Patches wanted me to do. regarding service books...Sorry Patches!!

There is no service book for the e-mail I added. It would show the e-mail address if I did, correct?
    09-22-09 03:22 PM
    correct, if you don't have a service book you don't have the email address on your phone...so go to the BIS site for your carrier and resend service books...
    09-22-09 03:23 PM
    Ive tried resending service books and it notifies me that they have been sent but still no icon
    09-22-09 03:24 PM
    ...and keep in mind that BIS has been wonky today.
    09-22-09 03:24 PM
    Ive tried resending service books and it notifies me that they have been sent but still no icon
    do you have more than one email address? or just the one?
    09-22-09 03:28 PM
    Patches,
    I have just one
    09-22-09 03:41 PM
    09-22-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks Patches
    09-22-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD