I have searched and searched, but have been unable to locate anything that has helped. I am trying to setup my school e-mail account that goes through gmail. gmail directions say i need to change my storms settings to imap, now this is my first blackberry so to be honest i am clueless, but i cannot find anything that shoes me anyway to change these settings. I went to verizon and even their tech was stumped on how to set it up. please someone help me before i destroy my phone. thanks in advance.
    03-19-09 10:48 PM
    Have you tried going to options > advanced options > browser push and making sure everything is checked and either set to auto or allow all. If i remember that was one thing i did to mine.
    03-19-09 10:55 PM
    i added my gmail account without changing anything. just went to setup>mail setup and put in my email and password and that was that
    03-19-09 11:04 PM
    Have you tried going to options > advanced options > browser push and making sure everything is checked and either set to auto or allow all. If i remember that was one thing i did to mine.
    Same here. I know you have to activate IMAP in your actual Gmail settings from your PC. You could try m.google.com/mail
    03-19-09 11:06 PM
    Okay I checked this out and everything was already set to auto or allow all, and everything is check marked. My g-mail settings have been set to imap since I started trying to set this up, the only thing that google tells me is that I need to set my phone to imap but I have no clue how to do that.
    03-21-09 12:03 AM
    Okay I checked this out and everything was already set to auto or allow all, and everything is check marked. My g-mail settings have been set to imap since I started trying to set this up, the only thing that google tells me is that I need to set my phone to imap but I have no clue how to do that.
    Did you setup your BIS account? If not you have to setup your email ther first and then resend service books.
    03-21-09 12:10 AM
    Did you setup your BIS account? If not you have to setup your email ther first and then resend service books.
    I did setup it up but when I just tried to access the bis on my laptop it said service unavailable due to maintence so I am going to try logging into it again in the morning. Once I have logged in and checked it all out there then I will try resending the service books and see if that helps.
    03-21-09 12:13 AM
    alright I got it figured out. after numerous emails with my schools help desk I come to learn that I have to set it up as a POP3 account and the password is different from my normal password. Thanks a lot for everyones help i appreciate it.
    03-24-09 10:12 PM
    i'm currently working on setting up my girlfriends school acct on her storm. she goes to uva and they run through gmail. causing some problems for me as well.
    03-24-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD