How do I transfer dvds onto my storm? No tech can seem to help me, and since I'm not real computer literate, can anyone be specific on how to do this?? Thanks!
    12-05-08 11:27 PM
    You would have to rip the DVD to AVI.

Doom9.org can tell you.

Then convert the avi to the correct resolution/format.
    12-05-08 11:29 PM
    theres step by step instructions around here somewhere, as well as in the videos area of this site. Check there, as I believe there are even pics in those instructions
    12-05-08 11:31 PM
    xlisoft has been working great for me
    12-05-08 11:43 PM
    There was a post about how to get videos onto the storm. Do a search for it. "If you search it, it will come" =)

Newho here is what i did to get movies on mine (process takes about 2hrs)

Downloaded DVDfab and Handbrake software. Decrypt DVD's on DVDfab (save it into a folder you can find easily later on). Open Handbrake and locate the folder you put the decrypted DVD files in. Once you find the DVD files you must select where you want Handbrake to store it after it encode it or you cannot do the following. Next, Select Iphone & Ipod Touch under preset (right side of handbrake window). Select MP4 file (for Format) and Iphone 5G support (its a check box near where you selected MP4 format). In Video tab check the both box that says "2-pass Encoding and Turbo first Pass." to the right of the same tab you will see "Quality" under average Bitrate (kbps) type the bitrate you want (some do 500, i do 700. It keeps the movie looking nice and the size down to around 600-800Mb). Now move to "Audio & Subtitles" under Mixdown, select Automatic. Then for Bitrate select 64. Now you are ready to Start the encoding!!!! ENJOY...

If this is confusing to you, i suggest you search the original post, he had pictures! =)
    12-05-08 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD