Yes, it's a messed up screen usually. Have you tried a battery pull?
    12-04-08 11:53 PM
    has anyone figured out a good way to clean it out? compressed air?
    I tried the compressed air method with an old toothbush. I think you need something with thin bristles. Clean the gaps carefully, so as to not pushing the dust under the screen. Nonetheless, the dust also enters your keyboard and laptop. It shouldn't be a big issue.
    12-04-08 11:57 PM
    Canadian made here and lots of dust. I hate to take it back because it is running so well, but I am kind of OCD about my gadgets, and dust under a beautiful screen that is 2 weeks old is driving me insane.
    12-05-08 12:03 AM
    Yes, it's a messed up screen usually. Have you tried a battery pull?
    Well, i was going to pull the battery after taking a picture of it but it restarted before i could take a picture. but its working fine now. but i will still go to the verizon store on saturday anyways.
    12-05-08 12:44 AM
    My Sprint 8330 Curve has developed a ton of dust just off center to the left. Like a little patch of it the size of a nickel. I'm going to run it by the Sprint store tomorrow as this thing is like 2 weeks old
    12-09-08 11:31 AM
    I smell a recall coming..this can't be good..I have had my phone for 30 hours and have noticed my first dust particle...nothing terrible yet, but its definitely there
    12-19-08 10:32 PM
    Whew! Thought I had dust under my screen, but they are all the same distance apart and all over the screen. Turns out they are some sort of sensors under the screen. About crapped my pants for a moment.
    12-20-08 01:30 AM
    I work in a dusty environment and have never noticed anything under the screen ? stuff around the edges, blows out easily with comp air can.
    12-20-08 02:52 AM
    Hopefully RIM knew this was an issue before the latest batch of phones hit. I really don't want to have to deal with this, especially since my phone works so well.
    12-20-08 04:23 AM
    looks like there is a problem with the seal for the screen on BB Storm... I had the same problem within 2 weeks of having BB Storm. After searching formums high and low it seems the concinsous is the same all around.... the phones that were made in Canada are crap(as was my first Storm), the seal leaked a lot of light and dust collected between screen layers.

I took this BB Storm down to my local Verizon store and they gave me a new phone within 10 min. They didn't acknowledge that there was a problem, but they replaced it fast.

My new phone is made in Mexico, and what a diffrance..... the screen is tighter & brighter, there is little to no light leaking from between screen layers, and so far no dust(but it's only been 2 days).

It seems that from talking to several BB Storm owners that there is deffinetly a differance between the Canada made device and the one made in Mexico. My suggestion is to make sure you have one from Mexico.
    12-30-08 02:56 PM
    I got my storm day one and it has collected dust something terrible in the middle of the screen. At first it was just one big spec but it is surrounded by other specs...very irritating. My storm is made in Mexico and has been running great (except won't run Viigo for some reason without locking up) but I will be visiting my local Verizon store this week to get it replaced.
    12-30-08 03:12 PM
    My suggestion is to make sure you have one from Mexico.
    My first was Canadian, and my current is Mexican. My current one has more dust than the first. Calling tonight for another replacement (for dust and because the top and bottom bezels are a bit loose and click when it's against my ear. Friggin annoying).
    12-30-08 03:33 PM
    Sorry newbie BB user here, where do I find out if it was made in Mexico or Canada? I have a whole ton of dust under my screen. Right in the middle its about as big as your thumb, and then it just drags down to the lower left hand side just above the call button as well. When the phone is off and the screen is black you can see it very blatently. When the screen is lit white, like text messages, or websites, its very easy to see then too. VERY ANNOYING!
    12-30-08 06:40 PM
    I'm on my second. Got my first one on 11/21. Returned it for the dust problem. Got my second about two weeks ago...........and guess what...........yep, you guessed it............dust. Not sure what I want to do. I may just keep it, because it otherwise works perfectly. If it gets bad, I can always warranty it out I guess, as an unsealed screen screams manufacturers defect. Dunno. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
    12-30-08 06:45 PM
    Sneeze on your storm? That's snot nice.
    12-30-08 08:07 PM
    The Verizon tech you spoke to is a moron.
    More fuel for your "VZW CS reps are idiots" claim~!
    12-30-08 08:15 PM
    hate to buck the trend...

made in mexico. yes, lots of dust.
    12-30-08 08:32 PM
    my storm has hundreads of dust crap in it. It looks horrable when the screen is white.

called verizon today to complain, they told me its the first they heard of the problem (yeah right) then went to the store to complain as well. Told me its common on the storm as the screen is not sealed.

they gave me a number to Blackberry themselves to complain to them also about the dust, but I have to pay to talk to them??

all in all, the storm only looks good for MAYBE a week after you got it before the dust rolls in, the screen loooks like crap there on out
    12-30-08 08:46 PM
    my storm has hundreads of dust crap in it. It looks horrable when the screen is white.

called verizon today to complain, they told me its the first they heard of the problem (yeah right) then went to the store to complain as well. Told me its common on the storm as the screen is not sealed.

they gave me a number to Blackberry themselves to complain to them also about the dust, but I have to pay to talk to them??

all in all, the storm only looks good for MAYBE a week after you got it before the dust rolls in, the screen loooks like crap there on out
    I would call back and see if you get another person. I talked to a "tonya" in Verizon Customer Service, and it was the easiest conversation ever. I told her I was starting to get dust underneath, and she was like no problem. I just received the new phone today, and I had talked to her on Wednesday!

cheers,
    kyle
    06-05-09 09:46 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD