I know this topic has been covered before but some where on here I was reading a few weeks ago that someone had tried to use a vacuum to suck the dust out and I think they succeed. I am wondering if some other people have tried it or other remedies to take care of light dust under screen. MY Storm is working fine wirh Lyricidal 141/93 hybrid and I don't really want to have a new replacement unit. Anyone have a fix that really works? NO, I do not want to try the super glue around the edges. LOL
    05-19-09 08:17 AM
    I used the vaccum trick I found it worked alittle bit, but one thing you have to be careful of is when your putting the vaccum hose close to the phone cause it sucks it up quite hard and you have to be careful of the screen lol.

But one trick Ive found that works would be using double sided tape, just slide it in the top and bottom gaps between the blackberry and the screen. It doesnt get the dust out from under the screen but it deffinetly prevents more from getting in.
    05-19-09 08:38 AM
    I used the vaccum trick I found it worked alittle bit, but one thing you have to be careful of is when your putting the vaccum hose close to the phone cause it sucks it up quite hard and you have to be careful of the screen lol.

But one trick Ive found that works would be using double sided tape, just slide it in the top and bottom gaps between the blackberry and the screen. It doesnt get the dust out from under the screen but it deffinetly prevents more from getting in.
    Yes!!! The double tape trick works my friend did it and ill be doing this soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:43 AM
    Yes!!! The double tape trick works my friend did it and ill be doing this soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It works great, one thing though is make sure you have a not so gluey tape cause youll find you get the residue of the glue on your blackberry and its not that easy to get off.

I think a good one would be scotch tape or maybe even movers tape.

But I would like to know a way that I could get dust from under the screen out, without actually taking the screen apart. I dont have that much just a couple of big specks that annoy me.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 05-19-09 at 08:55 AM.
    05-19-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD