I have a question on this whole dust situation. How much dust constitutes getting a replacement device? Ive read countless posts about people getting new storms because of dust under their screen and I wonder how much is just a cosmetic issue or does it really hinder function. Just today I noticed dust under my screen. But its definitely not bother me. And I only see it if i really really look into the scren. Is it going t get worse that it affects visibility? Should I replace my device before it gets worse or if I can live with a little dust should I just forget about it? Thanks.
    02-02-09 03:45 PM
    I have a question on this whole dust situation. How much dust constitutes getting a replacement device? Ive read countless posts about people getting new storms because of dust under their screen and I wonder how much is just a cosmetic issue or does it really hinder function. Just today I noticed dust under my screen. But its definitely not bother me. And I only see it if i really really look into the scren. Is it going t get worse that it affects visibility? Should I replace my device before it gets worse or if I can live with a little dust should I just forget about it? Thanks.
    This has been an ongoing debate in here. Some have it some don�t. Could it get worse? Maybe. It�s your preference. Are you in your 30 day?
    02-02-09 04:01 PM
    if you have dust under the screen, its not supposed to be there. That means there is a defect in your device.
    and think of it this way, its not going to magically fix itself or get better. The only thing that could happen is it gets worse.

Complain now, get a new device. keep complaining and returning devices until they fix the cause of the problem.
    02-02-09 04:14 PM
    I had dust in my first phone along with a bad click screen. I took it in to the VW store and the dust held more weight than the click screen.
    02-02-09 04:17 PM
    if you have dust under the screen, its not supposed to be there. That means there is a defect in your device.
    and think of it this way, its not going to magically fix itself or get better. The only thing that could happen is it gets worse.

Complain now, get a new device. keep complaining and returning devices until they fix the cause of the problem.
    I had been wondering if I should get a replacement too due to dust. It hasn't bothered me much, but you convinced me to bring it back for a replacement. It definitely will not get magically get better and can only get worse. I am way past my 30 days, but I think a refurb will work just fine, and if not I will just send it back till they get it right.
    02-02-09 04:24 PM
    I'm still in my 30 days, so maybe I'll take it to the verizon store by me and I'll see what they say
    02-02-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD