Duplicate Pictures and Video files
12-05-13 02:40 AM
- Searched the forums and found no info on this one. When I view pictures from my Storm 9530 I see one of each. However, when I dock the phone with my computer I now see duplicates of all Pictures and Videos. I have enabled Mass Storage Mode as always and used to have the ability to drag and drop etc. with no problems. Now, if I dare delete any of the duplicates it somehow removes the picture all together. In other words it appears that both files have some sort of dependency on one another. When I import the pictures to my computer it imports duplicates. If at any time you delete a duplicate while in Mass Storage Mode in your BB picture folder they will be lost. I have v126.96.36.1998 Any suggestions?12-14-09 02:47 PM
- I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I searched the issue here and on a few major search engines and found only one thread on another site that described the problem perfectly. The thing I don't understand is why there aren't more posts about this. My wife and I have identical phones and hers behaves the same way since the latest OS upgrade. I was wondering if Windows 7 had something to do with it but I see it happening on XP as well. If anybody comes up with a fix let me know.12-15-09 10:27 PM
- I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I searched the issue here and on a few major search engines and found only one thread on another site that described the problem perfectly. The thing I don't understand is why there aren't more posts about this. My wife and I have identical phones and hers behaves the same way since the latest OS upgrade. I was wondering if Windows 7 had something to do with it but I see it happening on XP as well. If anybody comes up with a fix let me know.12-15-09 10:43 PM
- Here may be the answer:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/why...a-card-386323/12-16-09 03:49 PM
- My storm does the same thing. When I copy files from my pc to the storm, they seem to get duplicated. The way I see this is when I browse the media card from my windows pc. Each file shows twice with exactly the same filename. Then when I try copying them to my pc, I get the funny filenames. So podcast1.mp3 gets duplicated to podcast1(1).mp3. Now I am pretty sure this is windows trying to resolve having two files with the same name. But why does the Blackberry think there should be 2 files?
This wouldn't be a problem but when I play these podcasts, half way through playing podcast1, it restarts in the middle. So a 1 hour podcast has 2 files but only plays 30 minutes of the file and then starts from the beginning. Bizarre! The media player shows the file position as the middle of the file. Do you have any suggestions how to resolve this? Should I not be copying files to the Blackberry from my pc?
I recently bought some software called podtrapper and it does the same thing. I have mystified the poor developer - he can't imagine why it is acting so goofy. Does this sound like it is time for a factory reset of the unit?
Frustrated with this..
update: found a link on blackberry forums suggesting the problem is variable bitrate encoding (VBR vs CBR - constant bit rate)
"FYI to anyone who has had this problem. I think I found the issue. It appears that Blackberry's don't like longer (over 30-40min) VBR MP3's. I reconverted a couple of MP3 files I was having problems with to a constant bit rate MP3 and my FFand RW problems went away."
fixed - that is definitely what is going on. I found the following instructions on how to convert my podcast files to CBR and that has solved the problem.
How to convert mp3 vbr to mp3 cbr/what software should be used and how.
Download Audacity. Install Audacity. Open your VBR MP3 in it.
In Audacity, go to Edit->Preferences->Import/Export. Download LAME. Audacity uses a file called lame_enc.dll to export files as mp3. You will have to tell Audacity where it is. After you are done with that...
Go to File->Export. It will export the MP3 as a 128kbps CBR MP3 by default. If you want to change it to a different bitrate, hit the 'Options...' button in the dialog box that pops up and select your bitrate.
This will probably be the easiest and cheapest way to do what you want.
Last edited by spaustin; 02-12-10 at 12:13 PM.02-12-10 11:03 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
Duplicate Pictures and Video files
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD