I have my email set up to receive on my blackberry and I use Microsoft Outlook on my computer to manage my email. Whenever I reply to an email through Outlook, I get a duplicate email sent to my Storm of the email that I replied to. Is there a way to fix this?
    04-30-09 09:08 AM
    I have my email set up to receive on my blackberry and I use Microsoft Outlook on my computer to manage my email. Whenever I reply to an email through Outlook, I get a duplicate email sent to my Storm of the email that I replied to. Is there a way to fix this?
    There has to be a setting in Outlook, maybe? I also use Outlook for my email, and I don't get the duplicate email on my phone.

EDIT: I just looked through all of the email options in Outlook, and didn't see anything that would change this... hmmm...
    Last edited by Morf32; 04-30-09 at 09:26 AM.
    04-30-09 09:15 AM
    I have the same problem lol. I've been searching to see if anyone else had it but came up with nothing. I mentioned it once in another thread and people had no idea what I was talking about and referred me to the gmail thread.
    04-30-09 10:31 AM
    Its a gmail issue. Try setting up a filter on BIS. Thats what I did to prevent recieving the dupe emails. It has something to do with the way gmail categorizes email as conversations...

EDIT: Of course thats me assuming you are using gmail
    04-30-09 12:01 PM
    I was having the same issue with my gmail. The fix for me was to go into your BIS and delete the gmail account and then add it again. I've had no issues since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 12:09 PM
    I have this with an outlook account. whenever i respond to an email i get a copy of the original i opened up sent to my phone. my other 3 accounts dont do this
    04-30-09 12:28 PM
    i had this problem with both my blackberries. I fixed it by filtering out any emails that are recieved from my gmail account (or whatever account that your getting duplicate emails).

The solution has worked for me for the last 3 years..
    04-30-09 12:30 PM
    I was having the same issue with my gmail. The fix for me was to go into your BIS and delete the gmail account and then add it again. I've had no issues since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this is the perfect and easiest way to fix it.. i did exactly what this poster said.. and i have not rec'd a duplicate e-mail since!!!
    05-01-09 10:59 PM
    there is a setting in your BIS to auto-CC, you just disable that feature to prevent recieving emails that you send out.
    05-02-09 01:21 AM
    I am having the same problem with duplicate emails and outlook but I do not know how to get into the BIS to change it. Can someone please tell me how to? Thanks
    05-23-09 10:22 AM
    Ditto ^^ I have a Gmail account and every e-mail I respond to or send from my Storm or my PC on Gmail gets a copy of that e-mail to my phone as a new message. I'm not sure onthis BIS setting thing, how do I get to that?
    Patches?? Would you explain how to us simple folk?
    06-02-09 10:54 AM
    Its the same website that you used to setup your blackberry email account Or you can go to Setup/Email Setup (from your phone) and log in from there
    06-02-09 10:59 AM
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

this site works.. add a filter to the account. filter should be set-up for "from field" with your full e-mail address filled in
    06-02-09 11:59 AM
    This may sound stupid, but will will signing up for BIS have any effect on my Gmail? I have an unlimited data plan with VZW, will this fall under that? I just don't want to get into this and find extra charges on my bill.
    06-02-09 12:26 PM
    no, you are probably using a BIS Plan through VZW now. You only have two options with the data plan. BIS or BES
    06-02-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD