So a new blackberry storm was sent to my house to replace my current storm with a defective end key. The new storm came in a brand new box with all the accessories such as wall charger, battery, etc. I was told that I need to send back my old storm so I don't get charged. Do I just send back my old device or my old device plus the new accessories?
    01-23-09 06:49 PM
    i belive just the phone but i would call them to make sure.
    01-23-09 06:50 PM
    You may not keep the accessorys unless you send back you old ones if they don't get them back they will charge you full retail price
    01-23-09 06:51 PM
    really before i just sent back my phone and didnt get charged.
    01-23-09 06:52 PM
    The natives should eat you alive for this one. This question has been asked and answered so many times that it doesn't make any sense. You already know what you should do and no one should have to tell you to do the right thing.
    01-23-09 06:55 PM
    Black widow very well put but on the other hand when I ordered a replacement they instructed me I would be charged,
    01-23-09 06:58 PM
    When I received my replacement I only received the phone with the SIM card and the battery door. I didn't try to keep the orginal battery door and the SIM and look at them as extras or for my trouble. My issue with this type of post is a no brainer. You either do the right thing or you try to beat the system. I didn't even have to read the replacement instructions or have someone tell me that I had to return the device and anything else that I already had one of.

Seriously, they already put themselves out there by trusting that people are going to do the right thing and return things properly. My sister has Alltel and she uses a Motorola Q, when she had a problem with it they gave her a rinky dink Nokia that she could barely even send text messages from until her phone came back from being repaired/replaced. Who's gonna keep a Nokia with a black and white screen when they have a PDA that they can send and receive email from?

Seriously, if people continue to do the wrong thing and companys start to lose real money, the next thing you know instead of sending out replacements customers will be expected to deal directly with the manufacturer. Discounts on buying the equipment - out the window. And the people who will have the biggest problem with it are the ones who come on this site and say "I received a new device with all of the accessories, do I only have to send back the device"? - Outrageous!
    01-23-09 07:42 PM
    Okay thanks everyone. I will return the accessories with my old device. I really don't need them, but I figured if there was a chance we were entitled to keep them, then I may as well take advantage.
    01-23-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD