Ok I think I know the answer to this question but I will ask just to make sure I covered all means of helping this customer. But he forgot his password and now can not get into his phone. He wants to know if there is a way around it. Verizon can not think of a way to help him and I told him it looks like he has to put the password in 10 times wrong and start over from scratch. Am I right or is there an alternate way around this.
    03-05-09 07:39 PM
    I believe you are right. U haven't heard of a way around it. This is why I don't use passwords

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:07 PM
    That is the only way as far as I know. It is not too bad if he has a backup though.

03-05-09 08:11 PM
    wow... just wow... surprised there is not a way around this for A VZW rep... guess he is just SOL
    03-05-09 08:11 PM
    There's no way around it, and that's part of the security design of a Blackberry. How secure would it be if anyone other than yourself could unlock your phone (even your provider)? That's why I use passwords
    03-05-09 08:38 PM
    There's no way around it, and that's part of the security design of a Blackberry. How secure would it be if anyone other than yourself could unlock your phone (even your provider)? That's why I use passwords
    Lol good point. I just hate passwords in general I use roboform for my pc

03-05-09 08:40 PM
    what exactly gets erased from the phone if you enter wrong 10 times?
    03-05-09 08:49 PM
    Lol good point. I just hate passwords in general I use roboform for my pc

Not to threadjack, but roboform's a great product, although after trying that plus eWallet, I settled on keepass. Their BB client works pretty well with the Storm, and syncs with their desktop client.
    03-05-09 08:52 PM
    from what I googled, the whole Operating System gets erased
    03-05-09 08:54 PM
    From the BB technical manuals: all user and application data gets wiped.
    03-05-09 08:56 PM
    wow. I cant believe that some people use the storm without a password. If somebody got hold of it they could use the phone, access your private email, have all of your pictures, your contact list, would know all of your appts and tasks.......ect.

sounds very risky to me.
    03-05-09 09:03 PM
    wow. I cant believe that some people use the storm without a password. If somebody got hold of it they could use the phone, access your private email, have all of your pictures, your contact list, would know all of your appts and tasks.......ect.

sounds very risky to me.
    If some thief wants to see naked pics of me and call my mom and tell her, all the power to
    Them.

03-05-09 09:06 PM
    whats your mom's number?
    03-05-09 09:24 PM
    whats your mom's number?
    Come on you aren't even interested in the pics?
    03-05-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD