So over the weekend i dropped my bb storm 9530 in sweet tea

of course i pulled it immediately it only submerged the top half of the phone probably about to the top of the mother board which was probably a good thing

i pulled the battery out and let it dry for about 5-6 hours and put the battery back in, it booted fine and worked fine (sigh of relief) of course the screen was a little sticky but the red led stays on (solid) and won't go off

the green service led still blinks like normal and the bb itself appears to work normal except for this one problem

is this something that happens whenever a bb is dropped in someting (kind of like those stickers that change colors) or am i special?

how do i get it to stop?

thank you
    10-27-09 07:49 AM
    lol sounds like you got a sweet phone!!
    not sure how to fix but if thats all thats wrong i would nt worry other wise exchange it
    10-27-09 09:29 AM
    not sure how to fix but if thats all thats wrong i would nt worry other wise exchange it
    haha yeah just getting it to boot up made me feel better

i took it apart and cleaned some of the sticky out of it now the screen works better

i saw a suggestion somewhere about soaking it in distilled water? has anyone done this? how long do i leave it or just a quick rinse?

thanks
    10-27-09 03:18 PM
    I would never soak a phone in distilled water. If nothing else, take it apart and clean it that way.
    10-27-09 03:30 PM
    You should have put your phone in rice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 04:54 PM
    haha yeah just getting it to boot up made me feel better

i took it apart and cleaned some of the sticky out of it now the screen works better

i saw a suggestion somewhere about soaking it in distilled water? has anyone done this? how long do i leave it or just a quick rinse?

thanks
    leave it in a bowl of rice over night, itll soak up all the moisture.

if you have insurance, might wanna get the phone replaced at some point to avoid future issues
    10-27-09 05:00 PM
    Oh boy, I always order berry tea when it's on the menu.
    10-27-09 06:23 PM
    i like blackberry tea
    10-27-09 06:25 PM
    yeah the only problem with just soaking it in rice is that this tea was very sweet

so even though the moisture is gone its all sticky but it works so i guess i'll just let it go for now, my insurance doesn't cover accidental damage with liquids should have paid the extra $20 or what ever it was lol
    10-28-09 08:02 AM
    Ha nice pun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD