I bought a bb bold case for my storm as it covers the phone perfectly, but the thing driving me crazy about this is everytime I holster the phone, it shuts down I have 2 storms, when I interchange them, they both shut down when in this particular holster the settings are not set to shut down on holstering, what gives?
    08-06-09 03:40 PM
    I bought a bb bold case for my storm as it covers the phone perfectly, but the thing driving me crazy about this is everytime I holster the phone, it shuts down I have 2 storms, when I interchange them, they both shut down when in this particular holster the settings are not set to shut down on holstering, what gives?
    Maybe it's because you have a Bold case and not one for the Storm???
    08-06-09 03:41 PM
    I have been using these storms since december and they have always been keep in bold cases, as I had a bold previously and liked the fit, compared to the storm casing. Does anyone know anything about altering magnetic polarity? I think this might be contributory as the case are magnetised.
    08-06-09 03:46 PM
    Lol let's ask a professor. I'm not sure why they do that but doesn't the storm have an autolock too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 03:55 PM
    This is to much thinking for me

08-06-09 03:58 PM
    Lol let's ask a professor. I'm not sure why they do that but doesn't the storm have an autolock too?

I would if I had one next to me! anyway the prof I kn deals with kidneys not magnetism and polarity fields. Anyway the case I have seems to turn both my storms off when they are placed in it. I know the storm and bold cases are magnetised to help with some of the settings on holstering but to turn the phone off is another thing. I have missed calls, msgs, etc
    08-06-09 04:01 PM
    ps the storms are running .151 and .164 but both still shut down so I have concluded the OS has nothing to do with it.
    08-06-09 04:03 PM
    ps the storms are running .151 and .164 but both still shut down so I have concluded the OS has nothing to do with it.
    Have you tried it with .148? Maybe its a bug that started after the .151 build.
    08-06-09 04:09 PM
    Have you tried it with .148? Maybe its a bug that started after the .151 build.
    Hmmm not tried that but i did downgraded to .141 official for voda, thinking this would resolve but upped it back to .164 after noticing no result. nevermind I will have to pop it back in the old battered case till I get another one. thanks all for you ideas.

Everyone should check out options> advanced options> accessibility> change grid layout to 3x3. I think this look is better thank the 4x4, that's just my opinion.

I thought we might have a professor in our mist, considering most bb users are smarties
    08-06-09 04:15 PM
    Do u mean "sleep" instead of "shut down" bcuz When any magnet hits that "sweet spot" it'll go into standby I don't think there is any way to turn it off bcuz it has to do with the hardware not software , hope that helps so basically u gotta deal with it ot buy a generic non blackberry case w/o the magnet

08-06-09 05:09 PM
    I would reverse the rotation of the earth if I could manipulate magnetic polarity.
    08-06-09 05:14 PM
    Do u mean "sleep" instead of "shut down" bcuz When any magnet hits that "sweet spot" it'll go into standby I don't think there is any way to turn it off bcuz it has to do with the hardware not software , hope that helps so basically u gotta deal with it ot buy a generic non blackberry case w/o the magnet

It does nt sleep but shuts off, if I ring the phone in that pouch it, goes straight to vm. another case is definately an option im looking at nw
    08-06-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD