Hi... I need HELP

I just downloaded the 4.7 software for my new Storm. I was not asked if I wanted an icon, and my the DESKTOP MANAGER icon has vanished from my computer desktop.

After downloading, I called Verizon support who told me to plug the phone into the computer USB so I could complete the process. NO INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS... SHOULD WE GUESS?

Here's the issue:

The software is loaded, but I have no desktop icon. I am running Windows Vista.

WHAT DO I DO NOW????

Thanks!
    11-29-08 01:36 PM
    Thanks for typing in caps. That's quite annoying.

It sounds like you may not have downloaded the correct software. The BlackBerry web site offers the ability to download several different programs for it's devices. Make sure you are downloading "BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7" and not device manager or just the drivers. Follow the link below.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...-2yaxE9zWtPg**

Also try running the installer in admin mode.
    11-29-08 02:01 PM
    Thanks.... sorry if the caps ruined your day.
    11-29-08 10:42 PM
    not having a icon on your desktop doesn't mean that the software isn't installed. Click the orb on vista previously (start) lower left hand corner.

Then on the left hand side hit all programs..

Look through the list there should be a folder in there named RIM or blackberry dm or something I can't remember what its called on vista...

I can look later to verify but I only have xp and os x here.

once u find the software you can simply "RIGHT CLICK" on the icon and create a short cut on the desktop...

hope this helps..

and if you already checked there and this was a little to dumbed down I apologize in advance.
    11-29-08 10:59 PM
    i would reformat your windows vista and do a battery pull to see if this fixes the problem. thank you.
    11-30-08 01:26 AM
    i would reformat your windows vista and do a battery pull to see if this fixes the problem. thank you.
    Or just use a sledgehammer.
    11-30-08 03:34 PM
    Downloaded the right software from the BB website. My Vista and Storm are both new at the same time.

Too much newness!

Thanks for your help.
    11-30-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD