The BB button on my storm has began to stick occasionally. The phone has never been exposed to any water or anything else that may cause this. Customer care is sending me another one. I am using the latest .114 hybrid. Should I downgrade to .75 before returning it? Thanks.
    03-17-09 04:00 PM
    Yes, DOWNGRADE BEFORE YOU SEND IT BACK.
    03-17-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    03-17-09 04:02 PM
    i really dont think it matters, i would just do a java wipe, and not install anything back on the device, they reflash the phones when they refurbish them anyways.

i sent my phone back running os .109 and with the appleberry theme installed.

also, i kept the 8gb memory card from my replacement and they didnt say a thing
    03-17-09 05:29 PM
    What he said. And don't be a dbag like some people- send back what they sent you as a replacement (sim, memory card, etc.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 05:39 PM
    I actually had to take my Partner's Storm to Verizon today to get it swapped out. The screen started displaying weird artifacts and then the phone rebooted. I forgot that I had the .113/1114 Hybrid OS on the phone and the Store manager went right into options and the first thing he said.....well, this is not the official OS, and we will not exchange it with this beta leak on it.

I took a breath and asked him, which OS he has on his Storm and all of the other people in the store (I know two of them personally), and then I told him that .75 simply wasn't working the way I wanted. After my little "rant", he went into the back and got the replacement phone. Manufacture date: 01/31/09, made in Hungary.

Not sure why, but the phone as a whole, feels more solid. The screen feels different, for some reason sturdier, and the buttons feel tighter.

I guess that if I had to replace one of my Storms again, I will reload .75, just so that I don't have to deal with funny looks, or have a hissy-fit.
    03-17-09 05:59 PM
    If you are returning it to a store, then you may need to, to avoid dealings like the post above had. If you are mailing it back as a swap, then it's completely unnecessary. This has been covered countless times. From experience, you do NOT have to downgrade. They dont care! I have sent back 2 storms with leaked OS's and prior to that, 3 Pearls with 4.5 beta. I never heard a word from anyone.
    Last edited by pmas; 03-17-09 at 06:09 PM.
    03-17-09 06:04 PM
    And don't be a dbag like some people- send back what they sent you as a replacement (sim, memory card, etc.)
    Whenever I've returned a phone to VZW for replacement, the paperwork (and phone CS) said to return only the unit....keep the battery, card, cables, etc....even when they've sent me an entire new package. Only a dbag move when VZW asks for or expects everything to be returned and you keep it anyway.
    03-17-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD