Ok so i had my phone from day 1. The Screen is not responsive at all so i called for a warranty swap. Should i go back to the current official OS before sending them the phone back? Are they going to fine me for having the phone altered???

All Answers would be great !

Thanks
    12-28-08 09:33 AM
    Ok so i had my phone from day 1. The Screen is not responsive at all so i called for a warranty swap. Should i go back to the current official OS before sending them the phone back? Are they going to fine me for having the phone altered???

All Answers would be great !

Thanks
    Yes, do not take your device back with unreleased unofficial software installed.
    12-28-08 09:36 AM
    Second that. Make sure you downgrade it.
    12-28-08 09:54 AM
    thanks for the quick replies back. what would they do in a case if the phone's os was altered??
    12-28-08 09:58 AM
    thanks for the quick replies back. what would they do in a case if the phone's os was altered??
    Maybe nothing, but is that a chance you really want to take? They could not honor anything, they could try an say you voided the warranty(not true, but would take a long time to resolve), and a whole host of other things. It's just not worth it.
    12-28-08 10:01 AM
    whats the difference? they dont understand the numbers/OS/phones anyway
    12-28-08 10:01 AM
    whats the difference? they dont understand the numbers/OS/phones anyway
    The in store reps may not, but I assure you the people who work in the service center to process and inspect the devices do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 10:07 AM
    I just wiped mine and sent it back blank..

12-28-08 10:08 AM
    I just wiped mine and sent it back blank..

What os did you put on it before you sent it back?
    12-28-08 10:33 AM
    I had to replace my Storm a few weeks ago because of cliking problems. I just wiped the phone using Jl_Cmder and set it back without an OS.
    12-28-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD