Hello there BlackBerry friends. I have probably the weirdest and most stupid problem I've come to face yet with meh blackberry and was requesting some help by some knowledgable people here on the forums.

My problem consists of the following, but a simple question first: How do I go about downgrading a BlackBerry phone from v4.7.0.103 (Platform 4.0.0.131) to v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)?

Now, the reason why is that I have two STorms, one is mine and one is my brother's.. and my brother's storm is using the .103 version; however, it is not functioning properly. I've had to do 2-3 different whipeouts on it due to the fact that the browser was not there, the Application Center was not there, and a few other icons I can't think of. Nor was it functioning properly (though I can't remember the nonfunctionals at the moment). One problem that still consists is that when I get an email with a image attachment (this email happens to be for a background for the phone), I click the attachment saved to the email, then go to Open Attachment.

Now unlike mine that is running the .75, when i go do the same thing, it automatically promps me to save the file... the .103 does not and just has a 'clock' symbol at the upper right corner of the screen (not animated). I go to click the file and it gives me the prompt: Request already sent. Resend? Yes/No

I click Yes and it gives me: More Request cannot be completed. Service book information not found.

---

Not sure how this happened but all I need to know is how to downgrade back to .75. Now I do beleive I followed the right directions on the sticky forum that showed you how to do so by downloading the official OS release and installing (after uninstalling the previous one). However, when I go to Start on the Update Software, instead of letting me be able to downgrade, it just no software update is required for your device.

I apologize if this was already answered, I'm not here to upset anyone for having to take their time to read this and I appreciate you taking your time in reading this. I can be contacted via the pin on my phone, email ([email protected]) and the forums will send me a message directly if a post is given so I will try to respond as fast as I can to answer any other questions needed to resolve this matter.

Thank you again!

~Caltosy

(No editing was done to this as of 3/18/2009)
    03-18-09 01:45 PM
    delete the .103 firmware from your pc (normally located in the assigned folder for your downloads), then connect phone, open DM and check for updates, select .75 and make sure all the boxes are ticked before commencing upgrade, in your case downgrade.
    03-18-09 02:13 PM
    why not try apploader instead of desktop manager:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

if that does not work, wipe with jl_cmdr, then run apploader:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

good luck!
    03-18-09 02:14 PM
    STOP!!!!!!!!
    No need to downgrade
    Go to Options adv options host routing table
    Click the bb menu key
    register now......

This is going in my sig....
    03-18-09 02:16 PM
    why not try apploader instead of desktop manager:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

if that does not work, wipe with jl_cmdr, then run apploader:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

good luck!
    Because Desktop Manager does exactly the same thing via the familiar graphical interface most people are already accustomed to using. What is the advantage of digging thru directories to execute a program that DM will execute for you.
    03-18-09 03:15 PM
    Because Desktop Manager does exactly the same thing via the familiar graphical interface most people are already accustomed to using. What is the advantage of digging thru directories to execute a program that DM will execute for you.
    My experience is that people seem to have more difficulty with DM installs than with directly using Loader.exe. I have been able to assist a number of people with installations by having them use Loader.exe when they cannot seem to accomplish the task with DM. A few other observations:

1 It is generally easy to do
    2 People seem to have fewer problems with the install
    3 People seem to be able to find the OS they want, when they have more than one OS installe on their PC
    4 It starts to get people familiar with where the OS is located on their PC so that if they are inclined to begin using a Hybred OS, they know where to go.
    5 Point 4 makes the Hybred revisions and use much less intimidating to some people.

Just my observations.
    03-18-09 04:07 PM
    Thank you all for messaging in such a quick and timely manner. I apologize for not responding quick enough myself as I was occupied on some other serious matters. I took the advise and registered the device; however, the reason why I wanted to downgrade back to that firmware was because I feel more safe using the firmware that's working perfectly on my phone then having to go through troubles on the other one. The other trouble that was just encountered was a strange accurance when you go to download a 1st party app (Visual Voice Mail) it freezes and times out on the download process.. It doesn't do that every time, just happened once or twice before. I am aware that it could be the connection to the cell phone service as well; it's just I feel more safe to downgrade back to the official version.
    03-19-09 03:46 PM
    Just as an update so those who have read this forum knows that the situation has been fully taken care of: The phone in the previous mention has been fixed with full functionality. I appreciate it, once again, for those who took their time in responding! I hope to see more generous answers throughout the coming months/years as I stick with CrackBerry.com as a member.

For those who face similar problems as of my own, just easily follow the steps given towards me by Bandit-Colls:

delete the .103 firmware from your pc (normally located in the assigned folder for your downloads), then connect phone, open DM and check for updates, select .75 and make sure all the boxes are ticked before commencing upgrade, in your case downgrade.
    03-23-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD