Was just wondering if your storm can infect your computer with this virus? Here's the article. Seems like a pretty nasty virus so I guess you can't be too cautious.
    01-23-09 02:21 PM
    How could the Storm do it? The virus is found on infected thumbdrives. This means that you would have to have purchased a thumbdrive with the infection on it. the Storm would never come into play, as it is neither a thumb drive and the virus is not sent through email.
    01-23-09 02:25 PM
    Will not happen..........
    01-23-09 02:27 PM
    So it is 100% safe to plug into a computer that may be on an infected network, then bring it home and plug it into my PC?
    01-23-09 02:39 PM
    It's a stretch, but since the memory card in the Storm is no different then a memory stick, if you put that virus on that card and then use Mass Storage from the Storm to a PC, you could infect it. For that matter, even the internal 1GB would act the same way. It's just a storage place and since it's formatted in PC format, the virus file(s) can reside on that storage drive. However, since the kernel of the OS on the Storm cannot interpret and execute said files, it's pretty unlikely that it'll do anything to the Storm.... your PC on the other hand...
    01-23-09 02:41 PM
    Thanks JRS, yah I'm not too worried about it infecting my storm, just my PC. So.. possibly, syncing at work, then at home, could spread it?
    01-23-09 02:45 PM
    It could in theory... will it....? Hard to say. Why don't you make sure that PC is clean at work and then you won't have anything to worry about.

Also, if you're talking about Syncing your contacts or calendar, then just be sure to turn off Mass Storage or set it to Prompt and don't answer yes when asked. Then you won't have to worry about it since the memory card and internal memory storage won't enter Mass Storage mode... hence they won't mimic a memory stick.
    01-23-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD