View Poll Results: Am I a moron?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

4 50.00%
  • No

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I'm still running .75. Before you go thinkin I'm a Noob, I dL'd .75 the day the leaked version became available. I was also the first out the door on the first day the Storm was sold. I'm on BES and am the network admin. I keep reading about how great each new OS is, and then I see the probs list. I can deal with the camera lag on .75. Otherwise, the phone's been bullet-proof. it just plain works, and the screen looks great. Heavy email, text and phone use. Also, lots of music on the card.

Anyway, I followed your link but I'm not quite sure what double-click conditions you want me to try to duplicate. Happy to do it, if you still have a q.
    06-19-09 11:38 PM
    I'm still running .75. Before you go thinkin I'm a Noob, I dL'd .75 the day the leaked version became available. I was also the first out the door on the first day the Storm was sold. I'm on BES and am the network admin. I keep reading about how great each new OS is, and then I see the probs list. I can deal with the camera lag on .75. Otherwise, the phone's been bullet-proof. it just plain works, and the screen looks great. Heavy email, text and phone use. Also, lots of music on the card.

Anyway, I followed your link but I'm not quite sure what double-click conditions you want me to try to duplicate. Happy to do it, if you still have a q.
    I knew someone was out there

So anyways, the OP said that there was the option to double tap instead of clicking the screen. So lets say you want to select the message icon, try and double tap it without clicking the screen and see what happens just to amuse us. Please post findings when done, thx.

and I just noticed your in Seatle. Me too. Well actually Tacoma area, but close enough.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 06-20-09 at 12:10 AM.
    06-20-09 12:08 AM
    Totally not true. There is no double click option on .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:09 AM
    According to the wikipedia page
    "The screen's settings can be adjusted so that double tapping can be employed as an alternate method to select and navigate the phone."

Is this true? and how?

BlackBerry Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Justdouble tap the no button and find out
    06-20-09 01:02 PM
    According to the wikipedia page
    "The screen's settings can be adjusted so that double tapping can be employed as an alternate method to select and navigate the phone."

Is this true? and how?

BlackBerry Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    so I posted a thread looking for all the .75 users and lo and behold I found one that could test this out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ca...-there-251398/

so hopefully this answers your question.
    06-20-09 04:01 PM
    how did wikipedia ever get so popular?
    I mean I never saw that option on my storm and ive had it since it was released, and according to two threads the option was never there.
    ..darn hippies..
    06-21-09 12:10 AM
    If you have Opera Mini it has double tap in the browser. You only need to touch the link lightly to "click" it. in some cases you can access other options by touching it for a few seconds (pause). I think this is much nicer than using the "sure press" feature. I wish it worked that way with the whole Blackberry OS.
    06-21-09 08:51 AM
    i just took my old storm to verizon cause my buttons were falling off so i decided to tell them it was broken and get a new one instead of paying insurance haha so i walk out of the store about an hour later and start messing with my phone and stuff keeps opening when i dont click i tap jthe screen and stuff opens and its really fristrating is my phone just broken or something its on .148 btw and i want it to be back to having to click to select things
    07-07-09 11:49 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD