Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

4 50.00%
  • No

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    According to the wikipedia page
    "The screen's settings can be adjusted so that double tapping can be employed as an alternate method to select and navigate the phone."

Is this true? and how?

BlackBerry Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-19-09 01:29 AM
    haha oops, i was just messing around with the poll, didnt mean to actually make it.. if a mod want to delete it thats cool
    06-19-09 01:37 AM
    Where's the "Yes" option?
    06-19-09 01:40 AM
    you have to click the "no" to get to it
    06-19-09 01:43 AM
    pretty sure that cant be done. Not sure why its on Wikipedia
    06-19-09 03:05 AM
    Wishful thinking I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:48 AM
    pretty sure that cant be done. Not sure why its on Wikipedia
    Well c'mon now - isn't wikipedia the definitive web resource for all accurate information? I mean, every article is carefully vetted by a team of experts who ensure the validity of information to . . .
    wait, oh, yeah - anyone can post anything they want on that thing!!! What a bunch of bull!

Wikipedia is a fine place to start but I would double check the accuracy of any info you get on there. Just like the OP is doing here

No double tap for me though - in case you're wondering.

As an aside, I thought I read on Wikipedia that the Storm has a slide out keyboard and someone saw bigfoot typing on it so it must be true

All I know is that if I need ANY info on my Storm I come to one place: CrackBerry!!! I haven't found a more knowledgeable and useful group of folks out there.

Cheers!

Jay
    06-19-09 06:56 AM
    Once upon a time the storm had double click (OS .75) the wiki article just needs to be updated. OS's after .75 don't have double tap.

06-19-09 07:06 AM
    Just Edited
    06-19-09 08:36 AM
    Once upon a time the storm had double click (OS .75) the wiki article just needs to be updated. OS's after .75 don't have double tap.

are you sure about this? I dont remember that being on there. I didnt waste anytime on .75 please do provide proof of you statement.
    06-19-09 12:27 PM

Crackberry is not wikipedia. GET OFF MY INTERNETZ!
    06-19-09 12:36 PM
    Crackberry is not wikipedia. GET OFF MY INTERNETZ!
    no but it is Crackapedia

I OWNZ ZEE INTERNETZ!
    06-19-09 12:37 PM
    i am in your internets, haxxorzing your files.
    06-19-09 01:15 PM
    i am in your internets, haxxorzing your files.
    is that what that tingling sensation in my bottomz waz?
    Last edited by paulwright1; 06-19-09 at 04:56 PM.
    06-19-09 01:17 PM
    are you sure about this? I dont remember that being on there. I didnt waste anytime on .75 please do provide proof of you statement.
    i remember it well. i used it once for about 10 seconds before realizing how much i hated the double click. unfortunately im not willing to put my storm through the indignity of having OS .75 installed on it again. either take my word for it or reinstall .75 on your own phone and find out.
    06-19-09 02:39 PM
    i remember it well. i used it once for about 10 seconds before realizing how much i hated the double click. unfortunately im not willing to put my storm through the indignity of having OS .75 installed on it again. either take my word for it or reinstall .75 on your own phone and find out.
    I still dont think your correct. Weve always had the ability hover and it would highlight, but the double tap, no! Wrong phone buddy. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Pics or video or it didnt happen

I hate it when people say that
    06-19-09 04:59 PM
    I still dont think your correct. Weve always had the ability hover and it would highlight, but the double tap, no! Wrong phone buddy. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Oh yea? Well I don't think YOU'RE correct either.

Why would he lie about something like this? He claims to have used it. What is the proof of your claim that the storm didn't? Just because you never saw it?

You must be one of those people that edit wiki alot huh?
    06-19-09 06:00 PM

yeah i hate it when they say that too.
    anyway like i said before, if you wanna see it, feel free to reinstall .75 on your phone.
    seriously though, ive only ever had 2 blackberries before the storm..... the 8100 pearl and the 8320 curve. not likely to be either one of those huh?
    this is also my first touchscreen phone so, what are the odds that im mistaken about which of my phones it was?
    it was there..... you just didnt have .75 installed long enough to notice it.
    06-19-09 06:17 PM
    Oh yea? Well I don't think YOUR correct either. And neither am I but who cares I just like to be a Jackasss and point out other peoples mistyped works. I have nothing better to do with my precsious time.

Why would he lie about something like this? He claims to have used it. What is the proof of your claim that the storm didn't? Just because you never saw it?

You must be one of those people that edit wiki alot huh?

my apologies. I didnt mean to make you get all booty hurt. Thanks for the correction on the spelling, I needed that. Much better now.

and actually I OwnZ Wikipedia! Boooyaahhhh!
    06-19-09 08:33 PM
    yeah i hate it when they say that too.
    anyway like i said before, if you wanna see it, feel free to reinstall .75 on your phone.
    seriously though, ive only ever had 2 blackberries before the storm..... the 8100 pearl and the 8320 curve. not likely to be either one of those huh?
    this is also my first touchscreen phone so, what are the odds that im mistaken about which of my phones it was?
    it was there..... you just didnt have .75 installed long enough to notice it.
    maybe it was a certain app you were using. I think Opera mini has that feature.
    06-19-09 08:35 PM
    i never remember having the option to double tap. the whole OS is organized around "clicking"...

again, i agree. some documentation from VZW/RIM or another carrier, or better yet VIDEO of the "double click in action" would be nice...
    06-19-09 08:39 PM
    maybe it was a certain app you were using. I think Opera mini has that feature.
    You could be right about that one. I had 76 for a while, I never double tapped any of the standard apps.
    06-19-09 09:34 PM
    Never has happened. The phone was based on the click screen. I will bet $100 on it.I adjusted the wiki
    06-19-09 09:40 PM
    You could be right about that one. I had 76 for a while, I never double tapped any of the standard apps.
    lots of 3rd party apps implement the tap only
    06-19-09 09:41 PM
    As said in another thread, the only part of the Storm OS that is double tap, barring 3rd party applications, is the zoom feature in photos and in the BB Browser
    06-19-09 09:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD