Hi there.. I'm sure it's been answered before, but I can't find the answer...

How do I set up my BB so that when I send an email, I don't get a copy of the sent email on my BB along with my computer. In other words, how do I set things up so there are no double messages?

It's not a filter, because I don't have any set up.

I remember from earlier BBs that it's an easy fix, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your patience and help!

Kraig
    06-11-09 11:13 AM
    Log onto bis account and create a filter and it is indeed the filter that yoy need sunshine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 11:14 AM
    Not sure if I'm having the same problem. When I reply to an email I get a duplicate email of the original email I replied to. (hope that makes sense)
    06-11-09 11:45 AM
    you need to filter out your own email so that the phone doesnt accept emails from yourself

its weird
    06-11-09 12:26 PM
    you need to filter out your own email so that the phone doesnt accept emails from yourself

its weird
    Yeah I have a filter set up to not accept any emails from my own account, but I think I still recieve a duplicate cause the "from" field is from the original sender. Also I just checked my messages and those duplicates are now gone in my message folder. I don't know what is going on.
    06-11-09 01:21 PM
    I've noticed this issue when the email account is putting out both IMAP and POP messages at the same time. My work account does that. I simply setup a mail forward to a Gmail account, and IMAP to that Gmail account through the BlackBerry.
    06-11-09 02:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm having the same problem. When I reply to an email I get a duplicate email of the original email I replied to. (hope that makes sense)
    I get the same thing on one of the accounts I have, and it's not "emails from me that need to be filtered" from myself. It's a duplicate of the original, and it's my reply that usually triggers retrainmission of the original. It's an SSL IMAP access to an Exchange server that's the problem for me, although I can see how someone's explanation that it's the server sending both IMAP and POP could cause it. My best guess is that the reply modifies the original message status on the exchange server (being accessed through IMAP) and because the message is now "different" it gets picked up again by the BB BIS service configuration and squirted back to the phone.

The problem with sending it to a gmail address and monitoring that is that this set up doesn't forward the cc list with it. Not good for this particular account. And for some reason I have yet to identify I cannot get the OWA option to work properly even though it works from a web browser.

Anyone has any suggestions I'm listening. I'd like to get this working smoothly.

Michael
    06-11-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD