I just noticed something this morning with my storm. When you look at the screen from an angle you can see little dots about 1/4 inch apart all over the screen. I didn't notice it until I got to work this morning under the lights here. Now I notice it all the time and it's really pissing me off. Any one else notice this? If you turn the screen off and look at it from an angle you can really see it.

I already have a dead pixel so i am going to exchange the phone once they are in stock again.

Thanks
    11-24-08 11:21 AM
    Just ignore them, you'll only see them if you look at just the right screen at just the right brightness maybe even then with only certain ambient lighting.

CRT's that used "trinitron" style tubes always had two "grill" lines clearly visible, though faint, that went all the way across the screen at two places. These were the best screens though, by far, so everyone got used to ignoring them and after a bit you never saw them anymore. All the big pro quality 20" and up screens had these.

Main thing is, just ignore it, it's part of the underlying screen structure. Don't think about it and pretty soon your brain will map it out in the rare instances where the light makes it apparent.

--bg
    11-24-08 11:38 AM
    They are part of the touch feauture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 11:39 AM
    yes those are the sensors for touch oreintation. a little messy as far as fit and finish but i bought a vzw screen protector and now they a alot tougher to see i dont even noitce anymore
    11-24-08 11:40 AM
    thanks for the info. as long as they are suppose to be there I'm cool.. i will learn to ignore them..

Thanks again.
    11-24-08 11:43 AM
    yeah, they are suppose to be there.
    11-25-08 10:51 AM
    lol... yuup their sensors .it would be a little hard with out them lol
    11-25-08 10:53 AM
    You'll be able to see those on every touch screen in certain angles... Without them, no touch screen...
    11-25-08 11:06 AM
    i couldnt see them until i took the factory screen protector off. now i have a GA protector on and they are invisible again. THank goodness
    11-27-08 12:05 PM
    i was wondering what that was! thanks
    11-27-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD