I'm sure i'm not the only one to whom this had happened... Imagine getting on a bus at 6am in the morning, listening to my favorite radio station (iheartradio - z100 - Elvis Duran and the morning show) Everyone on the bus are either sleeping or reading, when i accidentally pull out my headphones jack! after about a minute fussing with the jack to plug it back in, and a dozen dirty and startled looks all is quiet again, and i take at least 5 minutes turning back to normal from scarlet red... so my question: is there any way i can prevent this embarrassment in the future? i wish there was an option to turn off the speaker and then turn it on when needed? any ideas?
    05-27-09 09:42 PM
    You can glue the jack in or use duct tape. You can fix anything with duct tape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:55 PM
    I know that while listening to music using the built in media player, if you plug in your ear buds, BB Key > Select Activate Headset" that if you do accidentally pull out the ear buds, instead of playing on the speakerphone it'll stop playing. Try putting this setting on before you play the radio, and then see what happens... No guarantees.
    05-27-09 09:55 PM
    bluetooth headset.
    05-27-09 10:02 PM
    I know that while listening to music using the built in media player, if you plug in your ear buds, BB Key > Select Activate Headset" that if you do accidentally pull out the ear buds, instead of playing on the speakerphone it'll stop playing. Try putting this setting on before you play the radio, and then see what happens... No guarantees.
    Cool! this works for media player, but not iheartradio
    05-27-09 10:02 PM
    thats too bad, oh well.
    05-27-09 10:06 PM
    bluetooth headset.
    hmmm. good idea... i dont have one... but im old-school I like headphones...
    a) i like to block out NY sounds, screaming kids, boss, when listen to my show
    b) the people that wear bluetooth freak me out... they look like they are talking to themselves. no offense to bluetooth lovers. when there are wires its not as disturbing
    05-27-09 10:07 PM
    bluetooth headset.
    this

10char
    05-27-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD