I totally took the local VZ store rep by surprise today. it was kinda funny. my phone (and wife's) are eligible for upgrade pricing, and a rep from the local store called today, reminding us of this, and wanted to know if we had looked at getting new phones. I said yeah, we're waiting until the 21st for the storm. silence.... "OH! OK! well yeah, like you said it will be here on the 21st. have you signed up on the reserve list?" YEP, i have. Oh OK, see you then!

did verify that they will be open an hour early, at least on launch day.

too bad for him we have a different rep, so no commission for this guy.

so yeah, no new info here, just thought it was funny
    11-14-08 03:09 PM
    ...Congrats
    11-14-08 03:11 PM
    Just Awesome!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 03:15 PM
    ...Congrats

lol. i can just smell the sarcasm steaming from this response.....
    11-14-08 04:08 PM
    this is how threads get named when people bark at everyone who posts something =)
    11-14-08 04:28 PM
    i could hear him go from excited to confused to excited... to sad when i told him we had worked with another sales rep in the store.

heh
    11-14-08 05:17 PM
    how much commission do reps get for signing a two year agreement and selling teh storm?
    11-14-08 05:33 PM
    I ca;lled my store to verify the opening time and the rep I spoke with told me they would have no product on hand but I could order &have it shipped on the 21st.

I'll be calling back tomorrow to speak to someone else.

hopefully this is just a line they are telling everyone incase they run out of stock
    11-14-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD