I've just read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/che...urance-116992/

I received my storm from my wife as a birthday gift. I assumed she got it at the VZ store and kept the same insurance we always had. Unfortunately, she got it at best buy and they talked her into switching to BB insurance.

Called Verizon today. I am out of luck. I had 15 days to change insurance. (I think I am on day 20)

I am so angry about this. Should I drop $10 insurance from BB, and go without it?

I even considered returning my phone, canceling the contract (I can do this within 30 days, right?) and then getting the phone again at the Verizon store. What should I do????

I am very concerned about getting my phone wet.
    12-19-08 06:10 PM
    I've just read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/che...urance-116992/

I received my storm from my wife as a birthday gift. I assumed she got it at the VZ store and kept the same insurance we always had. Unfortunately, she got it at best buy and they talked her into switching to BB insurance.

Called Verizon today. I am out of luck. I had 15 days to change insurance. (I think I am on day 20)

I am so angry about this. Should I drop $10 insurance from BB, and go without it?

I even considered returning my phone, canceling the contract (I can do this within 30 days, right?) and then getting the phone again at the Verizon store. What should I do????

I am very concerned about getting my phone wet.

If it means that much to you....I would cancel it with the 30 Day Guarentee and get it through VZ and F*#k BestBuy!!

My two cents
    12-19-08 06:14 PM
    Do I have to return it through Best Buy? I wonder if there is cost associated with canceling the contract.
    12-19-08 06:18 PM
    Do I have to return it through Best Buy? I wonder if there is cost associated with canceling the contract.
    Most likely Yes you will have to return it through them. It should be the same as VZ 30 Days but confirm on the Purchase Contract.

I dont want to be held responsible for anything so confirm with VZ or if someone on here can confirm as well if its ok to return a phone because of where you bought it and go to a direct store and purchase it there???

They might have some issues on that as they may not want to ruin there business relationship with Bestbuy....but I dont know.
    12-19-08 06:21 PM
    I believe you will be responsible for your usage, activation fees, etc. since you aren't porting your number out.
    12-19-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD