So many people concerned with Application Memory but don't forget about your device memory as well. My phone was running sluggish and I decided to check my memory. App memory was at 31mb which is fine but my device memory was down to 1.5mb... The reasoning is the default folder with Mini Opera saves to the device. I thought it was the SD card but I guess not. All those podcasts I had been downloading finally filled it up. After deleting them all, phone is running like a champ again.
    02-27-09 05:02 PM
    I am new to crackberry and first time blackberry owner. I have added a couple of themes to my storm, and can not delete them i have tried uninstalling them using the desktop manager. I have also tried going options-advanced options-applications, but only one theme was available. I have pulled the battery and tried several times. I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post my problems but if you could help me in any way that would be great.
    02-27-09 05:09 PM
    1GB, no need to worry here, most apps arent even half a MB.
    02-27-09 05:17 PM
    1GB, no need to worry here, most apps arent even half a MB.
    Damn my storm only came with 879.2 MB onboard
    02-27-09 05:40 PM
    Damn my storm only came with 879.2 MB onboard
    That's because the rest is allocated for system use only. It's the same for all memory drives, you never get the full amount.
    02-27-09 05:45 PM
    Then how do you have a gig free?
    02-27-09 05:50 PM
    Then how do you have a gig free?
    I was saying that with an "available" 1 GB of memory I'm not too concerned. I'm really comparing it to my old WM phones that had 100-150MB while installing apps up to 2MB in size.
    02-27-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD