i purchased the screen protectors from vzw.

the first one, of course, i messed up, and gave up on.
    second one, i put on, and finally got it perfect.
    took a few tries but i got it.
    woke up the next morning, i got fuzz stuck underneath it.
    ohhwell, im not attempting to change it and ruin it again.

the protectors state there $9.99
    but i purchased mine yesterday and it said they were only $6.99

anyone else get them that cheap? im curious of why it happened cause i love saving money.
    11-30-08 08:36 PM
    How's the Invisible Shield for the Storm? Anyone know????
    11-30-08 08:39 PM
    They should really come with some better directions. Instead of just removing the top layer I tried to remove the sticker on the top layer lol. So I had the screen protector on and the thin film on top of it. The thin film was destroyed in just 30 minutes of using the storm and I was pissed. So I went to remove it and put the new one on and boom what do you know the film came off and the protector was still there. I then felt like an *****. So here is the complete directions that verizon should tell us

1. Remove any factory protectors (mine came with 3 of them)
    2. Whipe the screen using the cloth make sure not to touch your screen with your finger.
    3. Peel back the first side using the supplied tab labled 1
    4. Start on the bottom or top of the phone and place the protector onto the device about 1/2 inch worth
    5. Take a playing car or credit card and glide it across your device as your screen protector is being applied. This helps to remove the bubbles.
    6. Make sure the protector is fully on the device. I like to push down around the edges to make sure.
    7. Grab the supplied tab #2 and slowly pull the top film off the protector. If it starts to pull your protector off the phone let go of the tab and smooth it back down and try again.

This takes some patience but when it's all over it looks great and helps keep your phone safe.
    You just saved me another $10. I screwed up my first application and threw that one away. The 2nd one came out better but there was a corner I could get totally smoothed out and after a few days it seemed like a had a small hole in it. Then I read your post and realized I still had the backing on it and when I took it off it was much better. I'm still having a problem with that one corner but at least now I can use my third one correctly if I need to
    11-30-08 11:01 PM
    I like them
    11-30-08 11:20 PM
    Did you drag the cleaning cloth through the cat box before you used it?

I don't even use the cleaning cloth...I just wipe the Storm on my shirt. I have no scratches.

For those with bubbles. Not sure how to explain this, but the ebst way I figured out how to do this (after a couple tries) was to just get one of the short edges lined up. Then I laid down one long edge making sure it was lined up perfectly. Then starting at the corner where the two edges came together I ran my finger along the long edge working away from the short edge. I worked away from the short edge with each swipe of my finger while working my way from the starting long edge to the other long edge (pushing slightly toward the unsealed long edge). Not sure if that makes sense, but I got NO bubbles this way.
    11-30-08 11:22 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD