Hey all,

Please excuse me if this is a repeat post. I've done a search through the forums and couldn't find what I was looking for. Closest was this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=41305

But that's not for my phone. So I proceed:

Have a Storm 1. Had it since a week after it launched. I've installed pretty much every leak that came out, and am now running the official 5.0.0.419. I've never wiped the phone, I just install the new OS over the old one.

When I boot up my phone, I have anywhere between 17-19 megs. That's not a lot. I've deleted most of the apps I don't use, and right now only have Opera, UberTwitter, Foursquare, Facebook, and WeatherEye.

If I wipe my phone and re-install the OS, would I have more memory? Does a wipe clean things that an OS install misses? Or is this just a downside to using the 5.0 software with the Storm 1 and its paltry app memory?

Thanks!
    03-08-10 05:25 PM
    Not really a wipe might free up some memory. But once you reinstall your apps and other stuff, the same thing will happen again.
    03-08-10 05:34 PM
    If you want more memory, you might want to try shrinking the OS with Shrink-a-OS and wipe the phone and install the shrunk OS. The 5.0 OS's seem to be a lot larger than most of the 4.7 OS's so people complain about having less memory than what they did with the 4.7 (mostly upgrading from .148 to .328).
    03-08-10 05:36 PM
    cool. thanks for the tips. i'll try the shrink-a-guy.
    03-09-10 09:12 AM
    I was just going to suggest Shrink-a-OS. I have almost 100 apps installed including all of the apps you have, and I'm at 19.8 MB free after a battery pull. I of course have almost everything deleted using Shrink besides voice notes recorder and password keeper.
    03-09-10 11:21 AM
    Also, try running a hybrid. I have OOAKPC's .497 hybrid running over the .419 base and it seems to give me an extra 5mb of memory or so then just .419 alone.
    03-09-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD