So Verizon's slacker marketing strategy is working on me and I'm tempted to buy some of the songs that are steamed. I've never bought from vcast and absolutely hate DRM products so I'd like to make sure there is no DRM on vcast music before I buy.

Thank you
    =X=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:10 AM
    I think they are. I know when I bought stuff on my env2 I would have to update the license and I couldn't transfer the music to any other device.
    07-30-09 08:22 AM
    Thank you for your response I Googled it this morning as well and found out that yesterday Verizon had a press release on this very topic

[QUOTE]The new service clearly puts Verizon Wireless in a new category when it comes to digital music. Verizon cell phone subscribers as well as nonsubscribers can download the DRM-free music onto a PC and sync it to any MP3-enabled device for $0.99 a song. Songs can be purchased over Verizon's cell phone network onto a Verizon phone for $1.99 a pop. And the new V Cast service also allows Rhapsody subscribers to sync their phones to the subscription service, much the same way AT&T subscribers can access the Napster subscription service. [/[QUOTE]

Here is a link to the news story Can Verizon V Cast take on iTunes? | News Blog - CNET News
    07-30-09 10:10 AM
    Personally, vcast charges too much, the few songs that I have obtained thru vcast, because I simply had to have them now, were 2.99 a piece,,,, if you can wait, do it thru itunes later and sync it to your phone.
    07-30-09 12:28 PM
    Amazon has same or better selection, high quality and NO DRM - always the best way to go.
    07-30-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD