When I got my Storm I was fairly disappointed but have slowly started to come around a bit. I was having major accelerometer issues but then I discovered that the device may have to be held at an angle to get the accelerometer to work properly.

I wrote this in the "my accelerometer sucks thread"...

"I was having the same problem. I think I may have figured out the issue. If I hold the storm at an angle (think a similar angle as reading a book) then I do not have accelerometer issues. If I hold the storm parallel to the floor with my head directly over it (similar to taking a putt) and rotate the screen then the accelerometer does not work as well."

Can those with accelerometer "problems" try this to see if it works and report back?

I didn't realize it but while typing email/text with my Treo 700P, my eyes were directly over the Palm with the machine "flat" or parallel to the ground. This way of operating seems to throw off the accelerometer. Sure, RIM should have anticipated that I might operate the Storm this way but there is an easy way to "fix" my "problem."
    11-22-08 10:24 AM
    This is a limitation of the accelerometer hardware. The iPhone is the same way.
    11-22-08 10:34 AM
    This is a limitation of the accelerometer hardware. The iPhone is the same way.
    Interesting...I was unaware of this limitation. I do not find it a problem per se but with everyone (including me) talking about the accelerometer issues it seems like if holding the device at an angle is the "solution" for many of the problems, a comment about it should be in the manual.
    11-22-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD