but if you had read post #2, it mentions using Yahoo even though text is blocked. Yahoo messenger counts as text with regular phones, which is why I mentioned it - with a disclaimer that I wasn't sure about BBs.
    Ahh, I see your confusion. Yahoo/AIM/PIN/BBM using the apps on the Storm all use data not txt plan. The OP can use those programs while blocking txts.

so instead of being a ****, just go about your business if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.
    I was merely pointing out that what you experienced with regular phones does not apply to BBs (and most pda/smartphones with data plans for that matter). Did not intend to get you worked up.
    02-15-09 11:26 PM
    Pin counts towards DATA... Because if you turn your data off, you cannot recieve r send PIN's
    02-17-09 01:34 PM
    verizon just told me, 2 hours ago that BB messenger does NOT count as a txt but Yahoo, AIM and others do.
    02-17-09 01:48 PM
    verizon just told me, 2 hours ago that BB messenger does NOT count as a txt but Yahoo, AIM and others do.
    I was told if you download the yahoo, AIM and other IM clients from RIM (not from VZW) it will count as data, not text. VZW's version of these apps make it so they can count IMs as texts.

You may want to test this out before sending too many IMs.
    04-04-09 02:08 AM
    The confusion @ Verizon stems from not-so-smart phones. On those, IM stuff is counted as text messages because they don't HAVE a data plan. As many have mentioned, you DO have a data plan with your Blackberry, and PIN-to-PIN messages are included in that data plan.
    04-04-09 02:18 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD