My otherwise reliable old 9530 has suddenly gotten very cranky: slow response, rapid battery drain, repeated hard resets necessary to finish the restart process. I've not changed apps or usage or anything else of substance that I can think of. Very few apps installed: berryweather, meterberry, fox news mobile, NASCAR mobile. Do these old things just wear out eventually? (and I mean the electrons, not the hardware!)
    10-22-10 06:43 PM
    Seems to me that you might have developed a memory leak.

Are you closing down all apps manually?

I would back everything up, wipe it with bbsak and reload the latest STABLE OS.

I wish you luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 08:40 PM
    I deleted a couple of apps which I wasn't using - Sirius, Kindle - and checked to see what's running in background: email, browser, BB messenger (how do I turn this off, I don't use it!?). Never had any problems with Berryweather as a memory leak before. Seems stable for now but perhaps these occasions are just perfect storms when I try to do too much for this sad old system to handle. Oh well I'm due for a replacement, now if only VZW had a shiny new BB model to offer!
    10-23-10 05:39 AM
    Some of those you can not close, I would take Fubaz advice and try and reload with a stable OS.
    10-23-10 06:12 AM
    I deleted a couple of apps which I wasn't using - Sirius, Kindle - and checked to see what's running in background: email, browser, BB messenger (how do I turn this off, I don't use it!?). Never had any problems with Berryweather as a memory leak before. Seems stable for now but perhaps these occasions are just perfect storms when I try to do too much for this sad old system to handle. Oh well I'm due for a replacement, now if only VZW had a shiny new BB model to offer!
    If you don't use BBM, you should be able to delete it. That may help a little.
    10-23-10 12:29 PM
    Well, you could call into Verizon and have them replace your problamatic 9530 with a 9550 at no charge. http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...rm-1-a-540798/
    10-23-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD