I had one from from hungary and it froze all the time. Verizon gave me a new one today, but it was made in mexico. Does this matter on performance of the storm? The screen does not rattle on the mexico storm, Please help
    04-11-09 11:00 AM
    The best ones are made in Alaska....

Seriously though there are good and bad ones from every plant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 11:02 AM
    so its just luck of the draw on countrys and solid storms. Is there a quick way to tell if its a good storm?
    04-11-09 11:04 AM
    It has nothing to do with what country they are made in.
    04-11-09 11:08 AM
    I had one of the original ones from Canada and now have a replacement from Mexico. There was a huge difference in the screen clicking. The one from Mexico is way better and a little looser making it easier to type and click. Whatever they did it was something different whether or not it has to do with what country it was built in, I don't know.

04-11-09 11:23 AM
    Guess I should of mentioned that it has frozen quite a bit more often than the Canadian one

04-11-09 11:26 AM
    i was wondering this
    04-11-09 11:48 AM
    so its just luck of the draw on countrys and solid storms. Is there a quick way to tell if its a good storm?
    if it works
    04-11-09 11:56 AM
    mine is mexico, i hope it doesnt freeze. I probably should of kept hungarian one
    04-11-09 12:16 PM
    are the mexican blackberys worse than canadian, or hungarian???
    04-11-09 02:56 PM
    Well ive had 2 mexicos and 2 canadian ones...and both Canadians ended up being better. Both Mexicos had the warm yellow tinted screen and clicked horribly. My two Canadian ones had the nice normal tinted screen with pretty good clicking (perfect clicking on my last replacement). But maybe its just luck of the draw.
    04-11-09 03:04 PM
    my mexican storm looks like a white screen. Where can you go to see if its yellow tinted?
    04-11-09 03:24 PM
    FWIW, my girlfriend just got one that was made in Hungary and the click on it is better than mine which was made in Canada.
    04-11-09 03:31 PM
    do all mexican phones have a yellow tint? mine looks white?
    04-11-09 03:52 PM
    Mine is made in Canada! The click in the corner was really bad, and the screen would move around in the case quite a bit. I say "was" because the business card seemed to fix this. Anyways, I think like someone else said it comes down to luck. Take it back to the store if you are within your 30 days, and sometimes they will even open up multiple boxes in store and let you find one that you feel is solid. That is what they did for me anyways... but I am on Telus in Canada, but from what I've seen on the board it seems most all phone companies have similar 30 day policies...
    04-11-09 04:16 PM
    how can you tell where it was made?
    04-11-09 08:08 PM
    Mine is hungarian.

You can tell by looking through the sticker when you remove your battery. Its another sticker saying made in...

Or you can simply look at your box.

Last edited by sangwich; 04-12-09 at 12:19 AM.
    04-11-09 09:19 PM
    Watch out for lead poisoning from the ones made in China... LOL.
    04-11-09 09:22 PM
    Mine is hungarian.

You van tell by looking through the sticker when you remove your battery. Its another sticker saying made in...

Or you can simply look at your box.

thanks. Mine is Mexican
    04-11-09 09:29 PM
    dumbest thread ever.
    04-11-09 09:44 PM
    what does the yellow tent look like a dark white or actual yellow?
    04-11-09 09:45 PM
    Funny cause when I got my new storm its made in Canada but my 1st was made in Mexico. But the funny part is I actually thougt about posting a thread called battle of the countries/who makes the best BlackBerry but I got lazy.

04-12-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD