So I called 3 stores around here and they all told me the same thing

"Verizon told us that we would take a hit if we sell to exisitng customers before new customers."

They straight up told me that since I'm paying full retail I'm not making the company much money so they wont sell to me. I'm on a 5 line family plan with over 300$ a month. I've been a customer with them for over 4 years now this is just crazy. I'm absolutely blown away by the horrible customer appreciation that verizon has right now. So if someone happens to know the corporate number that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    11-20-08 12:24 PM
    *611 from any of your 5 lines should get you someone that can help you.
    11-20-08 12:33 PM
    in case you're calling from something other than your verizon phones the number is (800) 922-0404. Good luck!
    11-20-08 12:35 PM
    Wow even these people don't know the pricing or anything on it. They say verizon hasn't released anything to them either. I'm on hold now though I will let you guys know how it goes.
    11-20-08 12:36 PM
    It amazes me that they make money, they're a SOLID company with no marketing or sales skills. I don't know how they're number 1 in the industry...
    11-20-08 12:38 PM
    This has to be one of the worst launches for a device ever. It comes out tomorrow and they don't know the price lol
    Last edited by MuDvAyNe; 11-20-08 at 12:42 PM.
    11-20-08 12:38 PM
    Try this one:

1095 Avenue of the Americas
    New York NY 10036
    (212) 395-1212
    11-20-08 12:39 PM
    Okay this lady just called the local store and they told her they never told me that. What liars! Does anyone know if stores get bonuses or anything like that if they get a certain amount of new customers?
    11-20-08 12:40 PM
    It amazes me that they make money, they're a SOLID company with no marketing or sales skills. I don't know how they're number 1 in the industry...
    LOL. This is the very reason the iPhone is a beast! Apple is the undisputed king of marketing!!
    11-20-08 12:46 PM
    She told me there is nothing they can do pretty much. I will keep on calling though. I will keep on bugging them until they just sell me the phone to shut me up lol. This is the worst business move since yahoo turned down the microsoft bid.
    This has to be one of the worst launches for a device ever. It comes out tomorrow and they don't know the price lol
    So far the Verizon Voyager has the top spot for worst device launch by a carrier. After tomorrow we may have a new king of failed launches & pissed off customers.
    LOL. This is the very reason the iPhone is a beast! Apple is the undisputed king of marketing!!
    This is true. Add to that Apple & AT&T have their distribution channel down to a science. Include the selling of iPhones in Wal-Mart & Apple will continue to be the king of device sales with only one device in their arsenal.

I'm really not an iPhone or Apple fanboy. I think Apple is as bad today as Microsoft was 10 years ago. But you have to give credit where credit is due. They were able to pull off a successful launch and sell millions of units in those first few days/weeks. Verizon can't even get their employees to give out a uniform answer to customers.
    11-20-08 12:52 PM
    Okay I ended up calling around to like 15 stores and I found 1 store about 45 min away that will sell it to me. I guess that will have to due this time haha. This really is insane though. It's hours before launch and the stores nor the corporate employees even know the retail price. The stores have no clue how how many phones they will have in stock or anything like that. I don't know if this is just horriable planning on Verizon's part or if it adds to all the hype.
    11-20-08 12:56 PM
    I wouldn't expect Verizon to be getting any more major exclusives after this.
    11-20-08 12:58 PM
    Okay I ended up calling around to like 15 stores and I found 1 store about 45 min away that will sell it to me. I guess that will have to due this time haha. This really is insane though. It's hours before launch and the stores nor the corporate employees even know the retail price. The stores have no clue how how many phones they will have in stock or anything like that. I don't know if this is just horriable planning on Verizon's part or if it adds to all the hype.
    it would suck to drive 45 minutes only to find out they have 3 in stock.
    11-20-08 01:00 PM
    it would suck to drive 45 minutes only to find out they have 3 in stock.
    I'm going to go up at Midnight to see if anyone is in line. I don't think there will be but who knows. There is a bar right next to the place so I might stop in there till 2. I hate to be the first loser out there camping out till 9 but if that's the only way I can ensure my storm then so be it.
    11-20-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD