Does anyone have a storm where the screen clicks the same throughout...?

Mine feels as if there is a soft spot at the top right under the blackberry logo...my first Storm had the same thing in the middle right above the hard keys.

Is this common with everyone...trying ro figure if its worth swaping for a new one... I already put some paper behind the battery and it improved the click only a small bit.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 08:31 PM
    Mine clicks the same throughout the screen and I suspect that most folks do.

A visit to the vzw store might be in order.
    01-18-09 08:36 PM
    I have been lucky mine...................so far is the same all around.
    01-18-09 08:36 PM
    Mine was mushy there at first also. I put some paper slightly in front of the battery, right in the middle of the phone, and the click is consistent now. I was going to return mine also, but I tried about 3 others and they all felt like mine, so I decided not to go thru the hassle of an exchange.

Try more or less paper, or the screw trick, you should be able to get it right.
    01-18-09 08:37 PM
    My 12/24 original had no click above the hard keys. My 01/06 replacement is consistently clicking around the entire screen.

01-18-09 08:41 PM
    The first one I had clicked somewhat consistently, but the lower right corner wasn't too great. I got a replacement, and it was horrible, the bottom half inch of the screen did not click at all, the right side of the screen would not register clicks consistently, the center of the screen felt and sounded more like a crunch than a click, so I got a 3rd. Perfect all around!
    01-18-09 08:45 PM
    Mine is all the same. Well I mean, the parts you're supposed to use. The black bar at the bottom is harder to press but it's not part of the real screen. lol
    01-18-09 08:49 PM
    Thx for not yelling at a related question....hehe ..
    But..I redid the paper under the card and focused it more in the middle of the battery ant it worked 100 tines better... I originally had the fold of the paper more focused toward the top where the issue was

So..more in the middle works!!!! Would this have been true for the phone I had with click issues at the bottom....?

01-18-09 08:49 PM
    because it's so darn clickable, I keep clicking on mute or speaker when I smile while talking on the phone. Not sure which is worse! But the screen has no problems with clicking -- apparently.
    01-18-09 08:51 PM
    Keep trying you'll get a good 1 My first Storm had a dead spot, but the 2nd one was fine.
    01-18-09 09:45 PM
    Does anyone here feel they should scrap the clickable screen and go the iphone route? I'm finding the click screen a bit annoying.
    01-18-09 10:12 PM
    Screen clicks evenly here.

And no I personally don't think they should ditch the click screen and go the 'iphone' route/the every other touchscreen route.

01-18-09 10:59 PM
    I don't think they should ditch it...maybe over both...maybe the next version, offer an option for touch only and the screws on the back adjust/lock the clickable screen...that way, hits two markets with one phone

Pry not easy tho..hehe

01-18-09 11:01 PM
    I went to the doller store today and bought one of those small felt dot packs. I looked at the ebay auction that was entitled (Fix the Storm Click) and I placed that dot in the middle of the Mem card and the SD card and stuck it to the back of the battery door. The click is like a brand new device now and is completely even ALL AROUND. i am soooo happy that I did this and gave it a shot because I didnt want to add paper or even do this to affect the storm. But the dot is so small that it doesnt effect the phone and puts just the right amount of pressure and is perfect. I really recommened this to everyone!
    01-18-09 11:38 PM
    I'm luck that my second device is even throughout.
    01-18-09 11:44 PM
    I am still using the business card and it works fine lol
    01-19-09 12:24 AM
    Mine clicks evenly throughout the entire screen.
    01-19-09 01:15 AM
    Holy crap, I didn't even realize I had a problem until I put the business card in. I'm within 30 days, so I'm gonna head to Bell World later this week and see if I can't get it fixed. Sucks though, I put an Invisible Skin on my device already. $10 lost. :-(
    01-19-09 01:27 AM
    Mine clicks great. Am I the only person who hasn't gotten a replacement?

01-19-09 01:54 AM
    well crap, I just realized that on one corner it feels smushy I'm outside of my 30 days, I'm having some other issues as well, guess off to Verizon *sigh* Does anyone know, are they giving out refurbs yet?
    01-19-09 03:24 AM
    I am on my new replacemnt and damn does it click smooth! No sound when it clicks, rebounds nicely, and clicks evenly without a fix! Getting that replacemnt last minute was the smartest thing I have done with the Storm!
    01-19-09 04:04 AM
    Most Storm click screens feel the same. The thing about people hearing things wrong with other people's Storm is that they automatically start worrying about their phone having the same problem.

If in landscape mode, one thing to remember is to let the screen come "up" after a click, if you're using 2 thumbs. Sometimes you put your other thumb down before you bring up your other, therefore not registering a "click". Otherwise, the business card trick, or this felt trick might work. Personally, I used the business card trick for a while, but seeing as how much Storm functions the same without it (the click feels slightly deeper in response with the card, but without it, it still gets the job done with a different feel) I'll just keep it original.

This felt option that was previously posted seems to make more sense than the business card trick, seeing as how the felt is placed onto the battery cover right behind the button (if the button is in the middle, then it makes sense that the leverage be in the middle) Hope this helps!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pe...oblems-125406/
    Last edited by eurojazzer; 01-19-09 at 04:16 AM.
    01-19-09 04:11 AM
    Mine is perfect IMO. No problems with clicking at all
    01-19-09 04:36 AM
    My screen clicks nicely throughout. No complaints here.
    01-19-09 05:55 AM
    I had to adjust the screws in the back a little bit. But after I did that. I have absolutely no problem with the click since then.
    01-19-09 05:57 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD