i don't know if there are other people that love their storm... maybe the sticky poll says something about that...
    12-08-08 11:09 PM
    My Sig says it all.
    12-08-08 11:13 PM
    I agree, the Storm gets better everyday. After getting more used to how it works and all the features it has, I find myself on this site everyday figuring out new tricks and the experience gets better. I honestly think the phone is great. Nothing is perfect, other phones I have had were never perfect either. Like a few others mentioned in the threads, you have to have patience and just roll with it. Thinking it is going to be 100% perfect all the time is crazy, that is maybe why some people can't take it. My internet at home is never 100% all the time, my cable is never 100% all the time, my house phone is noisy and cuts out at times, my Directv cuts out during a thunderstorm.....it happens, the Storm is no different. I am honestly 100% satisfied so far with my phone. this website contributed to a lot of that, being able to get free info and how stuff works, and see who else is having issues. I think in time, the Storm can only improve more, so hopefully I will have it for a while.
    12-08-08 11:17 PM
    Really loving it. I haven't had any issues, except for a system hangup when I first started Visual Voice Mail. A battery pull fixed that, and I've been happy ever since. The Storm has allowed me to consolidate several devices, and I have absolutely no problem typing on the screen. I just keep getting faster with time (and refining the screen / keyboard options).
    12-08-08 11:18 PM
    I'm in it for the long haul.

I love mine and its only getting better
    12-08-08 11:29 PM
    Didn't Like It On .65...but Now Almost Loving It On .75!...looking Forward To More Updates!
    12-08-08 11:29 PM
    i love the storm. I got use to typing with it too!!!i could type really fast now!!
    12-08-08 11:31 PM
    Greatest of all time.
    12-08-08 11:39 PM
    I'm addicted to my Storm and everything about it.
    12-08-08 11:40 PM
    This phone is awesome! After the screw mod the screen is x1000 better..
    12-08-08 11:46 PM
    Though it may not be quite perfect I do really like this phone better than any I have ever had.
    Smart Phone Hist
    Moto Q; Moto Q9m; sch i760 (trial); xv6800........................................
    12-08-08 11:53 PM
    So far I really like mine. I haven't had hardly any issues with it. I expected a big learning curve and nearly 3 weeks in, I can say i'm pretty comfortable with it. I installed the leaked .75 and i Think I'll wait for the "official" next update as it's working fine as it is and I'm seeing a lot of threads where the .76 is causing some issues.
    12-09-08 12:00 AM
    I did the screw mod and its way better for me too. I'm quite pleased with the phone in general. I like that the qwerty keyboard has bigger keys than other BB's. I LOVE the suretouch keyboard as the keys are HUGE and I know the layout. Makes for VERY fast one handed texting and even faster two. I use this a lot for emailing. I don't find my hands get any more tired than typing on a standard BB devce.

I really like the increased speed of clicking on a link. I just reach up and click it I can even hover and verify that I'm going to go where I want to before going there. Its much faster than having to navigate to the link with the trackball.

In order for the phone to be perfect I need a few things. First I need my outgoing audio to be a bit louder and clearer. I've done some A/B tests among other phones and switching to BT and back and the phone does have a bit of a muffled sound in comparison. Switching to speaker phone solves this however so I know it can be handled in software.

I'd also like to see Google Maps support the GPS in this device.

I'd like to see a way to lock the phone so that I don't mute it with my face.

Finally if I get a call and I answer it from the green button on the phone I want the call to go to the handset even if i am connected to my BT headset. If I answer it with the headset then I want it to go to my headset. Simple as that.

I'd like to see the camera capable of capturing an image faster. (but wow isn't that "flash" incredible!)

Oh and when I have a custom ringtone and I'm set to vibe only I want it to vibe only.

Those are my only gripes with the phone and they are very nit picky final touches. I think this phone is quite well polished in my opinion and it works fantastically with great network connection speeds.

Never had a lockup never had a reset. And the only time I've had to do a battery pull is when the memory was getting down to like 15 to 18 megs and I felt like doing it just to clean up the cruft. Not because the phone was running any slower than its already quick execution.

Thats my take. I really hope that RIM will continue polishing this platform as I think they've got a winner.
    12-09-08 12:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD