My phone is dead and does nothing at all. Does anyone know a program i can download besides BM that can flash my phone and restore it back to .65v. It doesnt do any but a read light comes off and on when i plug it into my computer.
    11-27-08 11:55 PM
    That sucks. What'd you do?
    11-28-08 12:08 AM
    I am reading every website and blog out there to find out if anyone else has had the same problem. There has to be a way to do a hard rest on the phone like hold all the buttons while having it pluged in or something but nobody knows anything on it yet. I get a new one on the 15th but that is far away
    11-28-08 12:17 AM
    battery pull? you probably tried it... but its a suggestion.. or just wait it out, since you will get a new one if it just broke like that.
    11-28-08 12:19 AM
    hmm yah battery pull.... it dosent just stop working unless you start screwing with stuff
    11-28-08 12:21 AM
    what did you do? go swimming with it?
    11-28-08 12:24 AM
    yeah i tried that when it happen but deff nothing on that end i have found about 10 other people that had the same problem but they are just going back to the curve. I want to figure out how to do a hard rest for the future. Every phone has built in rests its just a matter of finding them out. And Verizon tech help is clueless. They should just make them come on crackberry and learn cause i knew way more then any of them did, and they were the "tech guys"
    11-28-08 12:26 AM
    no i went to bed one night while it was plugged in and the next morning it was dead. I guess at like 2am it decided to die. Before that at like 11 that night it was working wonders. Really weird. When i went to Verizon 3 other guys had the exact same problem. It was really weird its like it tried to upgrade to a new software they said and then just crashed on them.
    11-28-08 12:28 AM
    perhaps there was a surge in ur county that caused it?
    11-28-08 12:33 AM
    I dont know i live in Ohio. I am trying to figure out if there is a hard restart with different buttons pushing at different times. No luck yet but i am not going to give up till the 15th or until i get a new one. There just has to be a way to restart the whole thing and wipe it clean
    11-28-08 12:40 AM
    This also happened to me this morning.
    It was the first night I tried leaving it on USB instead of AC
    (Left the adapter at my sister's house)

Anyway, I woke up, and noticed that it showed half charged, which
    I thought was weird, since it was plugged in all night.

I even made sure the USB port was live on my docking station, because the
    port on the side of my laptop turned off when I put my laptop in standby.

Anyway, after checking my email, it just went to a red led, and was totally
    dead. I did a battery pull, and waited, and waited, saw the red led once, but
    otherwise nothing... I just waited like 15 minutes, it turned on, and showed
    low battery.

So, evidently it wasn't actually charging properly like I thought.

Try plugging yours in with your AC adapter, and wait a few minutes to see
    if it powers up.
    11-28-08 10:20 AM
    yeah i tried that last night and it would just go from red light to nothing all night off and on and did nothing. I found a way to get the red light on when there was no battery but from there i could do anything.
    11-28-08 10:34 AM
    This might help:
    crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry
    11-28-08 12:47 PM
    dude you are amazing i think i got i to work..
    11-28-08 08:59 PM
    So i can find the App folder to load it other than that i should be good. Any thoughts where i can download or get that folder even if i have never sync my BB before
    11-28-08 11:30 PM
    Maybe it had to do with the rhapsody that magically showed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:03 AM
    I have a question does anyone know how to open the App loader under program files then RIMM i cant figure where to find that file that you need to plug your phone to your pc to install the new OS. I tried down loading every V. that is out there and they are all the same.
    11-29-08 11:51 AM
    Make sure your using Desktop manager 4.7
    if you are using 4.5 or lower it will wipe the s/w from the device, which sounds like what happened.

If you have 4.7 desktop you can reinstall the 4.7 OS that has been removed from your storm
    11-29-08 11:59 AM
    No i used 4.7 from the get go and it crashed and is now what they called NUCKED i have to find a way to flash it back to the software that i got it in and the only way to do that is to use the application loader and reload it when it is in one of the rest cycles
    11-29-08 12:07 PM
    FLASHBACK!!!!!
    11-29-08 12:14 PM
    YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS....they over nighted me another storm waiting at my house when i get back into town...amazing...and i talked to a tech guy for like an hour and he said there is no way at all to flash to storm he worked for RIMM and said they would take it and tear it apart to see what was wrong with it. So if your phone is NUCKED you are screwed until a new one comes.
    11-29-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD