Upgraded to .76 (love it), went to open Word to Go - froze device expect hardware buttons. Used app switcher to get to home screen and opened Sheets to Go...same result. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling via DM and device without success. Tried battery pull. Tried DataViz forum search, no luck.

All suggestions appreciated.
    12-08-08 05:43 PM
    Upgraded to .76 (love it), went to open Word to Go - froze device expect hardware buttons. Used app switcher to get to home screen and opened Sheets to Go...same result. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling via DM and device without success. Tried battery pull. Tried DataViz forum search, no luck.

All 3 of the DataViz apps work fine for me with .76 firmware.
    12-08-08 05:47 PM
    for what its worth I have no idea lol but a few basic steps...

1) back up on DM
    2) download the cmdr application (i forget the full name just do a search)
    3) do a wipe with said application
    4) re apply update and see if it does it again

Also

you can try a wipe then just restore from your back up as well and see if it works that way to.
    12-08-08 06:11 PM

.76 is still an unofficial version right? It hasn't been released by VZ or RIM? If that is still the case then maybe that's why. If you download and install software that is not officially released yet don't be surprised when some stuff doesn't work properly.....just wait till they work all the bugs out and officially release it.
    12-08-08 06:28 PM
    No problems here.
    12-08-08 06:30 PM
    Ok, thanks all. I appreciate all the input.
    12-08-08 06:35 PM
    Um, did you happen to install the newest build of the Weatherbug application?

There is a bug in the new build that renders docs to go useless and will result in the very issues you are experiencing.
    12-08-08 06:38 PM

There is a bug in the new build that renders docs to go useless and will result in the very issues you are experiencing.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

YEP......

Well done K
    12-08-08 07:00 PM

Like the sackboy btw....
    12-08-08 07:02 PM
    .76 is still an unofficial version right? It hasn't been released by VZ or RIM? If that is still the case then maybe that's why. If you download and install software that is not officially released yet don't be surprised when some stuff doesn't work properly.....just wait till they work all the bugs out and officially release it.
    .76 is official. It was released by bell and we downloaded it from rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 07:02 PM

You were 100% correct. Do you know if this was a problem with Weatherbug before the latest update. I did not try Docs to Go on .75 update before I upgraded the Weatherbug. I was thinking of reloading the older Weatherbug if it would not effect Doc to Go.
    12-08-08 07:15 PM
    I wouldnt be downloading anything unless I see it on the RIM or VZW sites....when I see 76 there, I will download it.... too much risk to take someones word for it. I will wait for official versions to post. Bell is not RIM or VZW
    12-08-08 07:23 PM
    Really? What's the risk?I'm running .76 With not an issue. Wait if you're scared. At least .75 makes the phone usable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 07:33 PM
    I wouldnt be downloading anything unless I see it on the RIM or VZW sites....when I see 76 there, I will download it.... too much risk to take someones word for it. I will wait for official versions to post. Bell is not RIM or VZW
    there is really no risk. you can always downgrade and wipe however i do see your point.

Just so you know .76 is on rims site and its a official release just not for VZW
    12-08-08 07:35 PM
    I understand, it's all about what you're comfortable with. Whatever you install make sure you use JL_Commander to do a total wipe/..makes a huge difference.
    12-08-08 07:52 PM
    There is a new version of Weatherbug that was released in the last hour or so. It has fixed the issue with docs to go.

Like the sackboy btw....
    Love that game!
    12-08-08 08:55 PM
    yeah its the new weathbug
    12-08-08 09:05 PM
    yeah its the new weathbug
    Weatherbug is fixed now. I downloaded it and docs to go is working again. The latest version is 0.1.0.172.

the .164 update was the one causing this issue.
    12-08-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD