I think in the years i have had VZW, i have had like 3 dropped calls total!

since i got the storm last night i have had 6 dropped calls!! 5 times it dropped while i was trying to activate, and once just now on a conference call it said call was lost

anyone else experiencing this?
    12-18-08 12:19 PM
    Nope. I've made countless calls on the Storm, never had a dropped call and never had a problem with my ear activating buttons on the screen either.
    12-18-08 12:36 PM
    yes, on a 611 call last night, I have bad reception inside my house.
    12-18-08 12:42 PM
    Mine drops calls too. Usually when I'm in an area - 2 or less bars. My 8830 would work in a black hole! Not sure why but I get great reception in MOST places.
    12-18-08 12:42 PM

since i got the storm last night i have had 6 dropped calls!! 5 times it dropped while i was trying to activate, and once just now on a conference call it said call was lost

BTW - how to you like your Storm compared to your iPhone 3G??? I compare notes w/ a guy that sits in an office next to mine all the time (iPhone user) and he hates that my Storm kicks the crap out of his "baby"!
    12-18-08 12:44 PM
    yep. drop em all the time. 8830 almost never did.
    12-18-08 12:47 PM
    BTW - how to you like your Storm compared to your iPhone 3G??? I compare notes w/ a guy that sits in an office next to mine all the time (iPhone user) and he hates that my Storm kicks the crap out of his "baby"!
    in an effort to be fair to this phone, i will reserve my comments for a week or so maybe.

the problem is im a new BB user, and i dont know how to do even the simplest things! For 4 hours the phone sat on my chest last night while i was begging for help on this forum .. it was very frustrating to say the least.

So id like to get to know it a little better, get everything tweaked and working right, and give it a fai shot ... then i will pass judgment. But overall i think its a decent device, maybe im just the moron haha
    12-18-08 12:58 PM
    Mine drops calls too. Usually when I'm in an area - 2 or less bars. My 8830 would work in a black hole! Not sure why but I get great reception in MOST places.
    my VZW LG vx8350 clam would work in my apartment where i bounce from 0-2 bars and never dropped a call ... i guess this phone is not as stable on weak signals eh?
    12-18-08 12:59 PM
    Agreed. .
    12-18-08 01:01 PM
    i have not dropped a single call
    12-18-08 01:55 PM
    i havent dropped any calls either.... unless im in a known dead zone
    12-18-08 05:54 PM
    I've had verizon for the last 4 weeks, not one dropped call....AMAZING!
    12-18-08 06:14 PM
    no dropped calls here. i did hit mute twice with my cheek though
    12-18-08 06:18 PM
    I drop calls when in my room and the signal switches from 1XEV to 1X, the bars always say I have service, but yeah I hope this will be fixed.
    12-18-08 06:20 PM
    Calls drop on me way more than they did with my Curve! They drop in my apartment and once I was in a friends car it dropped a call 3 times!
    12-18-08 07:09 PM
    I am brand new to Verizon (from Sprint) so I can't compare prior Verizon quality. I have had three dropped calls so far which is a lot compared to Sprint.

My favorite dropped call was the one I received from Verizon after I had purchased the Storm. The guy was asking me questions about my satisfaction with the phone and its features (kind of a customer satisfaction survey) and right when he got to the "network" questions my phone lost the signal.

Oh well. Otherwise I am much happier with Verizon already than I was with Sprint for the last ten years.

12-18-08 08:06 PM
    I have started noticing more and more dropped calls. I am with Telus in Canada. I am running the leaked .103. Calls are dropped in places that are normally fine - ie. in my driveway with LoS to the nearest tower.

May be coincidence, but I think I noticed a couple times that my phone was either sending or receiving one or more text/email messages when the call dropped. Not sure though. Happened this evening on my way out of the house, and no messages. Dunno. I don't think this happened with earlier OS releases. Again, not 100% sure.
    02-20-09 10:13 PM
    Been with verizon for a long time (8 years?) never had problems with dropped calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:29 PM
    No doubt. Telus has been good to me (12+ years). Nothing like the last week or two for dropped calls. Looking at other OS right now - maybe the .106 hybrid...
    02-20-09 10:32 PM
    I have definitely had more dropped calls on the Storm. My Pearl and 8703 never dropped as many calls.

02-20-09 10:37 PM
    I drop calls all the time on the Storm, never on my 8830
    02-20-09 10:39 PM
    My wife just reminded me that the other night I was on call and my Storm didn't show any missed calls. I didn't receive visual voice mail until the morning. I had a fun time explaining to the client that I didn't get any missed calls.

02-20-09 10:47 PM
    I have not had a dropped call YET on my Storm. I have stayed with .86 since it is working well for me.

I have had just the reverse. My old phone, Non- Blackberry, dropped calls in places where my Storm now motors on through.
    02-20-09 11:03 PM
    I think I've had like 3 dropped calls since I got my storm in december.
    02-20-09 11:21 PM
    That was one of the most annoying parts about the storm. I usually get full bars in my house but my calls would consistently get dropped. I backed up my data and reinstalled the OS hoping that would work but it didn't help. I just started using my wife's cell phone at home when I needed to make a call. We're on the family plan and she's never had a dropped call on her line in the last 6 years.
    02-20-09 11:30 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD