View Poll Results: Do you use the BB Browser, or Opera Mini?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB Browser

67 65.05%
  • Opera Mini

8 7.77%
  • Both - I switch.

28 27.18%
    Self explanatory.
    11-25-08 07:52 PM
    Ok call me dumb but I have heard of operabut know nothing about or where do I get it and does it cost me to get it. Is it better than bb
    11-25-08 08:08 PM
    I was able to download it. It loaded fine and opened but I could not click on anything or type. I am using the storm. Is there a version that works for the storm?
    11-25-08 08:22 PM
    I was able to download it. It loaded fine and opened but I could not click on anything or type. I am using the storm. Is there a version that works for the storm?
    opera is not fully integrated into the storm but it loads really fast.

to open links you do not CLICK the screen you simply double touch the link.

to type you have o bring up the keyboard by hitting the bb button sho keyboard. I would be willing to bet that eventually it will have true storm support but its not really there yet. Everthing works it just is missing a few details.
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    So is this system better and how do I get it
    11-25-08 08:32 PM
    Never really used Opera. I have it downloaded and will mess around with it but at first glance it doesn't seem as "touch friendly" as the BB browser
    11-25-08 08:36 PM
    I've been using Opera 4.2 tonight and I think I like it better then the BB browser. It seems to work better with the touch screen then the original browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:51 PM
    Self explanatory.
    Do I have to choose between those two? no other options?
    11-25-08 08:56 PM
    So is this system better and how do I get it
    click this link from your Storm..
    opera 4.2 ota

Make sure you set all the permissions to allow AND after it's loaded and installed, go to
    options>advanced options>applications, find opera, hit the menu key and DISABLE compatibility mode.....Remember when you want to select a link just touch the screen to highlight the link, don't press the screen or you'll end up in mobile view...
    11-25-08 09:08 PM
    Do I have to choose between those two? no other options?
    I wasn't sure that there are other options...?
    11-25-08 09:10 PM
    I go back and forth.

once a version of Opera is created specifically for the storm, than I will use it full on.

does anyone know if there is a 3rd party application that can manage contacts? PM me if so.

thanks in advance
    11-25-08 09:11 PM
    the one thing holding me back from going to Opera full time is the lack of keyboard integration. Once a Storm- compatible version is released I'll be all up on that.
    11-25-08 09:13 PM
    the one thing holding me back from going to Opera full time is the lack of keyboard integration. Once a Storm- compatible version is released I'll be all up on that.
    If you disable compatibility like I said earlier, you will have keyboard integration...
    What's up with Peter's power's, he sux badly with nothing....BTW
    11-25-08 09:16 PM
    If you disable compatibility like I said earlier, you will have keyboard integration...

Opera Works great with fast rendering. However the number keys are useless in the URL line. Pressing any of the number keys either in Portrait or Landscape to enter an IP address types letters :-( Wonder if this is a Storm specific bug????
    Last edited by MrBrix; 11-25-08 at 10:13 PM. Reason: clarify number keys in URL for IP address
    11-25-08 10:12 PM
    was dead set on returning the storm but with OM I'm 90% keeping it (iphone owner who loves to surf )
    11-25-08 10:21 PM
    Long time ago I had an 8700 and used opera mini alot. I have it installed on my storm but have barely tried it as the new bbbrowser is pretty good. Even coming from an iPhone, which most critics agree has the best mobile browser, I think the bbbrowser is very comparable.

One thing the iPhone/safari have that I WISH would be incorporated into more mobile browsers is tabbed pages. It cant be that hard to do. Just sometimes Im looking at something and wish I could pop up an new page and look for something else without losing the page Im on.
    11-25-08 10:24 PM
    click this link from your Storm..opera 4.2 ota

Make sure you set all the permissions to allow AND after it's loaded and installed, go to
    options>advanced options>applications, find opera, hit the menu key and DISABLE compatibility mode.....Remember when you want to select a link just touch the screen to highlight the link, don't press the screen or you'll end up in mobile view...
    n00b here. how do i get that link you posted to download on my storm?
    11-25-08 10:26 PM
    Like both, opera is quicker but, browser is easyer to use and less memory.
    11-25-08 10:27 PM
    n00b here. how do i get that link you posted to download on my storm?

Surf to this thread on your storm, click on the highlighted link and the download box will pop up, check the set permissions checkbox and start on the download..eezy parcheesi..

opera 4.2 ota
    11-25-08 11:37 PM
    BB Brower ....
    11-25-08 11:40 PM
    I just installed Opera 4.2... OMG I can't believe how fast it is!!! Why the heck doesn't the BB browser go that fast???

Just needs to be Storm friendly. If they do that, I will use it all the time.
    11-26-08 08:35 AM
    I just installed Opera 4.2... OMG I can't believe how fast it is!!! Why the heck doesn't the BB browser go that fast???

Just needs to be Storm friendly. If they do that, I will use it all the time.
    Make sure you disable compatibility mode captain, sir. ...
    11-26-08 08:38 AM
    ahh I will have to try that. haha yea they all dont have em anymore. We'll have to see after the eclipse is done
    11-26-08 09:19 AM
    Ok, newbie question.. where is the 'Compatibility' preferences located? I'm looking at Opera's preferences and they include connections, interactions, and user data. Can't find 'Compatibility' anywhere.
    11-26-08 09:54 AM
    Ok, newbie question.. where is the 'Compatibility' preferences located? I'm looking at Opera's preferences and they include connections, interactions, and user data. Can't find 'Compatibility' anywhere.
    it's not in opera itself,
    On your storm, go to options>advanced options>applications>highlight but don't click, opera mini 4.2>hit the menu key and disable compatibility mode will be in the menu..
    11-26-08 10:17 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD