Just got a storm for x-mas to replace my pearl. When I talk I hit the mute or speaker phone with my face. Is there any way to change the answer screen to some thing else? I know I can change it by hitting the button once I'm in a call, but thats kind of a pain
    12-29-08 11:52 AM
    There is that option, and there is also the locking of the phone...

There is an app called Talk Lock (if you search for it, there is a download link out there), works pretty good, but I uninstalled it, because I was having some phone issues that seemed to clear up once I removed it.

At the moment that program is a BATA, so maybe once an office release comes out it will be better..
    12-29-08 11:54 AM
    I installed Talklock on my phone and it seems to fix the problem of hitting buttons while on the phone. I haven't had any problems with the program that I have noticed although it is a beta version so im sure that there are bugs in it somewhere.
    12-29-08 11:56 AM
    TalkLock FTW!!!!!
    12-29-08 11:58 AM
    thanks I'll try talk lock
    12-29-08 11:58 AM
    Talk Lock is great and works. However, do a search on it. Many people are reporting a memory leak associated with this app. If you are not having any memory issues, I'd say it is a must.
    12-29-08 12:03 PM
    Every since I've upgraded to .85, I haven't had that issue. Over 3 hours of phone usage.
    12-29-08 12:06 PM
    I have never had a problem with the mute. Mainly because I don't use my shoulder to hold a $500 phone, and I use bluetooth or the wired headset. Solves my problem with no memory leaks.
    12-29-08 12:11 PM
    I have never had a problem with the mute. Mainly because I don't use my shoulder to hold a $500 phone, and I use bluetooth or the wired headset. Solves my problem with no memory leaks.
    Using your shoulder makes it more likely that you'll hit buttons (mute included), but it happens no matter what you do with the phone. I use bluetooth 90% of the time and the button thing is a problem when the phone is in my pocket......

This issue is clearly one of the big ones that will hopefully be addressed in future OS builds. Seems like something that should have been a no brainer addition from the start, but whatever.
    12-29-08 12:18 PM
    Using your shoulder makes it more likely that you'll hit buttons (mute included), but it happens no matter what you do with the phone. I use bluetooth 90% of the time and the button thing is a problem when the phone is in my pocket......

This issue is clearly one of the big ones that will hopefully be addressed in future OS builds. Seems like something that should have been a no brainer addition from the start, but whatever.
    How? You would have to use your face to push the screen! I hate to have my screen get smudged when I put it to my ear, so I just tilt it away a bit so the earpiece is to my ear, but the screen doesn't touch my face.

As for a phone in my pocket, I would never think of putting a phone in my pocket. I did that once a LONG time ago and called 911. After that I use a holster. Keeps the dust out too.
    12-29-08 12:23 PM
    How? You would have to use your face to push the screen! I hate to have my screen get smudged when I put it to my ear, so I just tilt it away a bit so the earpiece is to my ear, but the screen doesn't touch my face.

As for a phone in my pocket, I would never think of putting a phone in my pocket. I did that once a LONG time ago and called 911. After that I use a holster. Keeps the dust out too.
    LOL! You do realize the VAST majority of people, tens of millions of people around the world, keep their phone in their pocket? I have never accidentally dialed 911. You're probably more likely to get hit by lighting.
    12-29-08 12:28 PM
    Excellent point.
    12-29-08 12:33 PM
    lol @ the 911 incident

I've had the mute thing happen to me once, it was irritated.
    12-29-08 12:35 PM
    I've done this a few times. I tried the TalkLock app and it seemed to slow things down so I got rid of it. Also I don't want to upgrade OS until it's officially released. I'm sure RIM will do right by it's customers and fix this without needing TalkLock. Hang in there, certainly it's a nuisance, but at worst it's a pain.
    12-29-08 12:47 PM
    LOL! You do realize the VAST majority of people, tens of millions of people around the world, keep their phone in their pocket? I have never accidentally dialed 911. You're probably more likely to get hit by lighting.
    Having a phone in your pocket is fine, just don't complain about pushing buttons when it's in there.
    12-29-08 01:00 PM

You would happen to have any relations to Monk?
    12-29-08 01:19 PM
    What Tips page did you read? The one in the forum?
    12-29-08 01:41 PM
    It really needs a proximity sensor similar to what Apple did.
    12-29-08 01:47 PM
    My wife has the same problem. Thanks for the tips!
    12-29-08 01:53 PM
    Having a phone in your pocket is fine, just don't complain about pushing buttons when it's in there.
    No one is complaining. You can't argue that its an annoyance. Even if it happens once its an annoyance. Seems like an easy fix to make the screen lockable when you're on a call. Hate to say it but the IPhone locks.....no one get too mad I still like the BB better.
    12-29-08 01:54 PM
    HA. Thats what the lock button on top is for. And if you have .85 you dont even have to worry about your screen turning on if you keep pushing the screen while in your pocket.
    12-30-08 01:36 PM
    talklock is awesome but it has a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MEMORY LEAK
    12-30-08 01:41 PM
    I did once,but as a child I once stuck my finger in an empty socket of a string of Xmas tree lights...

I learned to alter my behavior so neither has happened again..
    12-30-08 01:49 PM
    Talklock is one of the best things out there. Works like a charm everytime

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 03:17 PM
    Not once. But I'm not a fat slob either.
    12-30-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD