My screen just has completely quit working (I mean it won't even register a touch) and I've done battery pulls, nothing works. I don't really have time to go into a store and deal with this so I was wondering if I could just call VZW Customer Service and get them to send me a new one. This shouldn't have to be filed on insurance because I didn't do anything to the phone like drop it.
    06-23-09 12:08 PM
    It depends. Sometimes you can call customer support and they send a new one out over the phone. Other times, they ask you to go to a store. Call in and see if they'll take care of it. Tell them your schedule and location make it too difficult to go in.
    06-23-09 12:18 PM
    My screen just has completely quit working (I mean it won't even register a touch) and I've done battery pulls, nothing works. I don't really have time to go into a store and deal with this so I was wondering if I could just call VZW Customer Service and get them to send me a new one. This shouldn't have to be filed on insurance because I didn't do anything to the phone like drop it.
    No, if you go through the right hoops on the phone, they'll ship it next day. Be sure to tell 'em you've done countless battery pulls and you reloaded the os. (as i'm sure you have)! Be certain you note your lack of dropping your baby, as I'm reading, it just stopped working all the sudden.. right?... Let them know that. As long as they don't suspect abuse, they'll ship it next day shipping. As they did for me when my clicks stopped registering. So, your insurance is safe if it wasn't your fault!
    06-23-09 12:21 PM
    No, if you go through the right hoops on the phone, they'll ship it next day. Be sure to tell 'em you've done countless battery pulls and you reloaded the os. (as i'm sure you have)! Be certain you note your lack of dropping your baby, as I'm reading, it just stopped working all the sudden.. right?... Let them know that. As long as they don't suspect abuse, they'll ship it next day shipping. As they did for me when my clicks stopped registering. So, your insurance is safe if it wasn't your fault!
    But if there is physical damage, they will end up charging you full retail of the phone they sent u. The safest thing if your storm isn't mint anymore is to go to the store.
    I work for vzw, just my 2cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:33 PM
    Appreciate the answers, this phone is pristine and the screen just crapped out. Just a hardware failure I suppose, I called customer support and told them the whole story, and they next day'd me a new one. Thanks for the answers!
    06-23-09 01:57 PM
    Appreciate the answers, this phone is pristine and the screen just crapped out. Just a hardware failure I suppose, I called customer support and told them the whole story, and they next day'd me a new one. Thanks for the answers!
    HUTCHA!!! THE TATER WINS!
    06-23-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD