I own a Curve, so I'm clueless about the Storm. I was just curious, is it absolutely required that you actually *click* the screen when using it/typing/etc.? Or can you simply touch the screen lightly and still use all the features?

One reason I ask is because I find the whole click-screen idea a bit of a hack for simulating the feel of pressing keys on a physical keyboard. Since it's basically all one big key anyway, there's still no feedback to let you know you are hitting the right *spots* on the screen.

Also, it seems like you might not be able to type too fast because you'd have to pause a moment to allow the screen to raise back up before moving on to the next button (I'm sure it doesn't take long, but this still seems to hurt a very quick typer whose fingers are moving simultaneously).

Anyway, can you use the screen simply as a touch screen, or must you actually press/click it?

Thanks.
    05-28-09 11:18 PM
    Yep, must press and click it "Press and be impressed" lol.
    It's not much of a delay, there really isn't any wait to click the screen, it's at your own speed.
    05-28-09 11:21 PM
    It is what is considered SurePress, and BS72 is correct when stating that it is barely any delay, and is soon to be even more precise with the hopeful update on May 31st "finger cross".
    05-28-09 11:24 PM
    Thanks guys. In terms of the "delay," I'm just thinking that when I type on my Curve, I can pretty much press the next key before I've even let go of the previous key, and this just doesn't seem possible with the Storm.

Having said that, I just did some browsing and it seems like the Storm 2 will do away with the click screen anyway! Now if it was only on Sprint....
    05-28-09 11:27 PM
    You can type as fast as your fingers will allow. I use the landscape qwerty keyboard and never have to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:54 PM
    There are some 3rd party apps that do not require a press, opera mini for example, but for the most part you must press to get stuff to happen. I can type very fast on my storm.

05-29-09 12:04 AM
    Wow, I almost thought this was a thread from November...lol. I honestly thought everyone knew that the Storm has a screen that pressed in...
    05-29-09 12:16 AM
    Thanks guys. In terms of the "delay," I'm just thinking that when I type on my Curve, I can pretty much press the next key before I've even let go of the previous key, and this just doesn't seem possible with the Storm.

Having said that, I just did some browsing and it seems like the Storm 2 will do away with the click screen anyway! Now if it was only on Sprint....
    Storm 2 will have surepeess sry

05-29-09 08:32 AM
    Wow, I almost thought this was a thread from November...lol. I honestly thought everyone knew that the Storm has a screen that pressed in...
    Maybe you misunderstood me then. Of course I knew it had a screen that you press. My question was, do you *have* to press it to do everything, or can it be used simply as a "touch" screen.
    05-29-09 08:32 AM
    Storm 2 will have surepeess sry

Well, they're calling it SurePress, but from what I've read on these forums, it will not click but will be a capacitive touchscreen.
    05-29-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD