View Poll Results: Are your SMS AND EMAIL inboxes combine or seperate?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are seperate

40 66.67%
  • They are combine

20 33.33%
    I was just wondering for all you people out there that have a BB storm. Do you have the text messages and the email inboxes seperate or combined. Mine are currently combine.
    01-28-09 10:49 PM
    I did for the longest time on all my blackberries. I just separated it this week and am gonna stick with it like that for a while.
    01-28-09 10:52 PM
    i dont combine them becuase it looks cluttered ...makes it hard to look for things you want to keep versus what you dont
    01-28-09 10:53 PM
    I have them each in their own folder. Combining them would be to confusing.
    01-28-09 10:53 PM
    I have a combined mailbox for SMS/MMS, BES and external (my personal) mailboxes (I have my own POP3 servers).

I have a separate mailbox icon for just my personal POP3 server so I know that something has come in for *just* that email address.

I have also customized my alerts (sounds) profile so that different sounds occur for different delivery channels. For example, my work typically sends out automated emails at 4am so I have all incoming BES mails set to "flash light" only (no sound/vibrate).

BBM + Email + SMS all have differing lengths of vibrate and sounds so that I know what came in even with the Storm in my pocket.

From my experiences there's a LOT that you can do to increase your awareness of what comes in, even if you have everything combined into a single mailbox. It takes a bit of effort to set up; sure - but that's better than your phone tweeting at you every time something happens.

Hope this is a help

EDIT: I also have different coloured borders for the various message channels. Work emails (BES) have a green border when I read them. Personal emails have a red border. Again, there's a lot you *can* do to highlight the source of the message if you do elect to combine your mailboxes into one but separating them out, from my experience, is genreally the better and less confusing approach.
    Last edited by sikpupi; 01-28-09 at 10:57 PM.
    01-28-09 10:54 PM
    i dont combine them becuase it looks cluttered ...makes it hard to look for things you want to keep versus what you dont
    yea I thought so. I had mine combine for a couple of days cause I got confused with all my mail and text. But I kinda like the simplicity of it when it's combine. If that makes sense
    01-28-09 10:56 PM
    No. I have four separate work emails on my device for work. That would be way too much clutter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:58 PM
    I have the messaging boxes separate. I think it makes things look cleaner and makes finding of messages a lot faster.

01-28-09 11:10 PM
    Emails have their own BLUE folder
    SMS and messages generally are seperate.
    01-28-09 11:27 PM
    No they should be separated, they're 2 different things.

01-28-09 11:31 PM
    I also combined everything together at first, but now have them separate.
    01-28-09 11:35 PM
    I have them combine for now.

01-29-09 12:20 AM
    I have them combined in one folder..
    01-29-09 12:36 AM
    yeah annoying for me to have combined.
    01-29-09 01:29 AM
    seperate.. easier to find things..
    01-29-09 01:31 AM
    i used to have them separate till last week. then i realized i need to fit another icon on my home screen so i combined them, and actually prefer it like that
    01-29-09 01:42 AM
    I just changed it because of this form post. I really like it better separate.
    01-29-09 01:48 AM
    combined...
    01-29-09 01:58 AM
    I have a combined mailbox for SMS/MMS, BES and external (my personal) mailboxes (I have my own POP3 servers).

I have a separate mailbox icon for just my personal POP3 server so I know that something has come in for *just* that email address.

I have also customized my alerts (sounds) profile so that different sounds occur for different delivery channels. For example, my work typically sends out automated emails at 4am so I have all incoming BES mails set to "flash light" only (no sound/vibrate).

BBM + Email + SMS all have differing lengths of vibrate and sounds so that I know what came in even with the Storm in my pocket.

From my experiences there's a LOT that you can do to increase your awareness of what comes in, even if you have everything combined into a single mailbox. It takes a bit of effort to set up; sure - but that's better than your phone tweeting at you every time something happens.

Hope this is a help

EDIT: I also have different coloured borders for the various message channels. Work emails (BES) have a green border when I read them. Personal emails have a red border. Again, there's a lot you *can* do to highlight the source of the message if you do elect to combine your mailboxes into one but separating them out, from my experience, is genreally the better and less confusing approach.
    How do you disable the red border feature I did this a while ago and can't remember how.
    09-05-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD