All the Verizon reps that I talked to indicate that they do not have any issues with their Storms and think that they are wonderful devices. This includes the tech support representatives. They just love their Storms and think that they are the best devices.
    04-03-09 12:41 AM
    they're out to sell the device, they get commission.
    04-03-09 12:42 AM
    I love/hate it... I'm running 114 and its way better than 75 but I have a theme and apps and I find myself needing to do a bat pull now and then...I tell customers how I really feel. Its an awesome device that will only get better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 12:48 AM
    no commission here... love it. I tell folks straight up that it just takes getting used to. yes, there are some issues, but that can be said about anything, and even more so if you figure this is a computer in your hand. individual experience will vary, but I am satisfied with my purchase and would do it again.
    04-03-09 02:09 AM
    I love my storm. I still miss some things from my WinMo devices, though.

I do tell customers that there is a strong learning curve to it, and I generally have at least a 15 minute conversation with people before I will even sell them one. I also have a tips and tricks guide I give them with it when they leave. My Storm return rate is almost zero because I definitely give full disclosure on the device.
    04-03-09 02:12 AM
    Sure do buddy
    04-03-09 02:34 AM
    Yes my friend iz a vzw rep and he loves his storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 04:14 AM
    the manager at the store i goto said she was too impatient with it because it was too slow for her and ended up giving it to her husband.
    04-03-09 09:25 AM
    Its because all the verizon reps have OS version 5. Ask everyone who knows one!
    04-03-09 09:29 AM
    I was in Verizon the other day getting a new case for my Storm. Although I love my Storm, it was hilarious listening to the Rep do a hard sell of the storm to an unsure customer. It was hilarious, I wanted to throw my .02 in, but held back.

One line was hilarious, he said, "I'll be out in public and will be using it and people automatically come up to me and be in awe because of it. Its a status symbol." This guy was desperate for the sell.
    04-03-09 09:31 AM
    My wife is tech sup, And she absolutely hates the 9530. She's a curve user.
    I do love me a physical keyboard though, mmm

Oh and to the ppl who say the storms click is too loud in a silent room, have you heard the keys on the curve!? lol
    04-03-09 09:33 AM
    When I was having problem with my old phone and called vzw customer service they offered a multi fru...pretty much replace my phone with any phone...when I even mentioned the storm (this was about 2 months ago) she was very strongly against...she pretty much told if these problems on this phone bothers you...you will hate the storm..told me over and over how buggy it was and how many calls a day she gets about how bad it is
    04-03-09 09:41 AM
    many people have different reactions about the device...some love it and have no issues (like me), some people go through the hassle of defective devices 4+ times, but then love it when they get one that works
    04-03-09 09:44 AM
    When I was buying mine, they rep I was working with said he tried it, but couldn't stand it. He also went on to say that he hasn't liked any touch screen phone he's tried, and prefers his Gz'One Boulder. That said, about a quarter of the reps there were sporting Storms, a quarter sporting Curves, a quarter sporting Omnias, then the rest was a mix of dumb phones.
    04-03-09 09:54 AM
    bottom line i tell people when they ask me...this phone doesn't have any more or less issues than any other advanced device you would get, and of no greater or less severity than any of those potential issues neither.
    04-03-09 10:07 AM
    um, i don't make commission.

and i love my phone. still have the original from release date and still running it on the .75 OS

all i've done to streamline it was wipe out everything i know i'll never use in the applications list

make sure i close all my apps when i'm not using them

i yank my battery every few days just for good measure (power down first so it isn't as bad for the phone)

and i've downloaded all kinds of crap to it, loaded up music, ringtones, pictures, movies

and PLENTY of other useless apps from our developers, on top of a few other select things i've come across
    04-03-09 11:30 AM
    No comission here either. I am honest, If I don't like a phone, I won't recommend it to a customer. I will find something they will actually like and begin to love instead of them getting a phone for 2-3 days and rerturning it because they don't know how to maneuver through it and we have to make an exception and waive a restocking fee because the customer was not aware of a restocking fee ($35.00). It is a great phone if you are patient with it and learn all the things it can do..but I will also agree that it is not the phone for just anybody, much like the G-Phone, iPhone, or Instinct...
    Last edited by jaysandjays; 04-03-09 at 03:12 PM.
    04-03-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD