Is there a setting somewhere to make my screen turn on when getting a call/text so i can see what's coming without clicking the screen?

Also, is there a setting to make my screen lock so my big gauge rings don't select things like speaker phone or hang up without me?

Thanks a bunch... I scanned some threads first but didn't see anything that fit...

Pandora317
    12-07-08 10:49 PM
    Is there a setting somewhere to make my screen turn on when getting a call/text so i can see what's coming without clicking the screen?
    Welcome to CB. When you get a call, the screen should light up. If you use a case that has a sleeper magnet, whenever you get a text or email, when you pull out your BB it should immediately open the message.
    12-07-08 10:52 PM
    To answer the second portion of your question, this appears to be an issue for several users and, unfortunately, has no known fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 10:54 PM
    Welcome to CB. When you get a call, the screen should light up. If you use a case that has a sleeper magnet, whenever you get a text or email, when you pull out your BB it should immediately open the message.
    I don't use a case like that... but I'll check the settings to see if I have set as if i do... thanks
    12-08-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD