have their second wave of shipments in?

Or do I have to order online or try my luck at Best Buy/Walmart?
    12-17-08 02:32 AM
    I have no idea about the stores, I'm guessing no. We just got ours tonight at Best Buy and they still had some left there.
    12-17-08 02:33 AM
    My local Verizon store doesn't have any yet, when I ask when they would receive more they never give me a straight answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 02:39 AM
    My local Verizon store doesn't have any yet, when I ask when they would receive more they never give me a straight answer.

I get the same answer. Its weird how you can order it online and receive it just a few days later. Plus the best buys in my area all have stock in them.

I wonder if its intentional to create buzz and false demand.

12-17-08 02:59 AM
    Verizon cooperate store employees don't know sqwat usually... I used to be a verizon tech and i got news, info and tips and tricks from this site before they even talked about anything thru them.

Usually most stores wont know what they are getting in each shipment till the night before the truck arrives and every store has their own shipment day. One store i used to work at got shipment on fridays the second store got them on mondays.

Word around(lady over the phone at customer service and my inventory friend) is that they SHOULD be getting them this week but if they did or not is a whole other story.
    12-17-08 03:05 AM
    It would probably be a lot more useful to call your local Verizon stores than posting to us as we have no idea where you live nor what kind of stores you live by
    12-17-08 09:34 AM
    I live in Buena Park Ca. I called all Verizon stores in my area and each one laughed at me in regards to having the Storm in stock. Each one also made mention that they or I can order it online.

Question: If I buy it at Bestbuy will Verizon still honor it and do what they do for me to use it?

James
    12-17-08 09:48 AM
    I don't know if anyone lives in Fort Lauderdale and uses the Corp Store on Federal Highway and 26th, but those guys, although very nice, are the most un-knowledgeable group of cell phone employees. When I bought my Storm, I couldn't tell you the horror stories, watching them drop phones, ect.. But back to the point, people asked about Storms that didn't wait in line, and they were told, "you mine as well just order it online, we don't really get info on when we get the phones, we just get them..."
    12-17-08 09:50 AM
    I live in Buena Park Ca. I called all Verizon stores in my area and each one laughed at me in regards to having the Storm in stock. Each one also made mention that they or I can order it online.

Question: If I buy it at Bestbuy will Verizon still honor it and do what they do for me to use it?

James
    Best Buy is an authorized seller of Verizon. What exactly do you mean will Verizon still honor it?
    12-17-08 10:00 AM
    Best Buy is an authorized seller of Verizon. What exactly do you mean will Verizon still honor it?
    I thought that for a phone to be activated you need to buy it from it's carrier.

If I was to pay the outrageous price being asked for on ebay then can I take it to a Verizon store to have it activated?

James
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 12-17-08 at 10:33 AM.
    12-17-08 10:23 AM
    I thought that for a phone to be activated you need to buy it from it's carrier.

If I was to pay the outrageous price being asked for on ebay then can I take it to a Verizon store to have it activated?

James
    Circuit City and Best Buy and Costco are authorized sellers of Verizon. They can activate, extend contracts, etc. If you have a technical issue, you can bring it to a Verizon store. However, I believe if you want to RETURN the phone you have to bring it to where you bought it.

I would highly avoid buying the phone on eBay.
    12-17-08 10:33 AM
    I didn't answer your question, but yes you can have it activated.
    12-17-08 10:34 AM
    Do a little more legwork to find one. They seem to be out there. Don't overlay and possibl
    y get scammed on ebay. Letstalk.com had them yesterday for $99 for new customers.

12-17-08 10:57 AM
    I actually found a Bestbuy near home that has some so the wife and I are off to Bestbuy to become crackberry babies!

Costco? Really? Are they sold by the case? LOL sorry.
    12-17-08 11:47 AM
    I live in the OC(CA) and no vzw stores seem to have them but the local best buys have a plethora of them in.
    12-17-08 12:00 PM
    I live in the OC(CA) and no vzw stores seem to have them but the local best buys have a plethora of them in.
    SO what is stopping you from going to Best Buy?
    12-17-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD